Changing Save Location? [KS+]

• 4 Replies

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
Changing Save Location? [KS+]
« on: April 09, 2020, 20:58:16 »
Hello! I am using KS+ and I would like a trigger or shift to modify a save location WITHOUT instantly teleporting the character there. Is there any way to do such a thing?

I would like to shift Juni from Screen A to Screen B, while setting her Save Location to Screen C. Anyway to do that?

Offline plural

• twice shy
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Save Location? [KS+]
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 08:00:17 »
I believe it's in egomassive's features presentation level but you use a shift and define in the world.ini as ShiftSave(a)="ShiftA" in the specific screen coordinates just like the other specifications for that particular shift like Shiftsound(a)= or ShiftCutscene(a)= . And then, after that, you create an .ini file in the main folder called savegameShiftA.ini

The .ini file is plain text and should look something like this:
Code: [Select]
[Positions]
X Map=994
Y Map=1005
X Pos=4
Y Pos=7
[Powers]
Power0=1
Power1=0
Power2=0
Power3=1
Power4=1
Power5=0
Power6=0
Power7=0
Power8=1
Power9=0
Power10=0
Power11=0
Power12=0
[Flags]
[World]
World Folder=plural - The Empty Planet
[Extras]
Character=juni

That will save to that location with those parameters during the shift and only go back there if Juni dies or when a cutscene plays and doesn't autosave.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 14:48:21 »
Perfect! Thank you so much, plural. Or is it plurals?

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 15:18:44 »
If I understand the situation correctly, this is also possible in vanilla KS. If Screen A contains a saving shift to Screen C, and Screen C contains a successful flag warp to Screen B, Juni will appear to shift directly to Screen B. However, if Juni dies, she will respawn on Screen C.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 19:04:19 »
Thanks Sergio. I may actually HAVE to do it your way. I'm trying keep track of items and/or flags throughout all of this and when I specify a save-file in KS+, it overwrites EVERYTHING.

So if I have the option of letting Juni grab the Red Key on Screen A, then have her shift to Screen B, but specify a save location for Screen C, that special save file either turns the key on or off. I can't actually specify it to use whatever Red Key State Juni was already in.