[KS+][Epic][Challenge/Exploration][Hard/Very Hard] Reditus

• 21 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [KS+][Epic][Challenge/Exploration][Hard/Very Hard] Reditus
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2021, 05:37:56 »
I'm sorry to say I got sidetracked after 11 artifacts, 31 creatures, and 19 coins. I still want to finish it though.

Edit: I made it to the final secret.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
One thing I want to do after finishing this level is to put all the music in an album to simply listen to. With the music stopping every time I went underwater, I feel like I never got to hear any of the songs all the way through.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 21:42:28 by egomassive »

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2021, 03:26:38 »
Well, that was the only way I could think to implement the final secret to make sense. I understand your complaint though and will take it into consideration for future endeavours.

I wanted it to feel like you were underwater so stopped the music. I guess I could have done something similar to Starbound and had a muffled, underwater version for the music for those screens.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2021, 12:00:32 »
Letting the music fade out when going underwater makes sense and it probably helps tremendously with the illusion of being underwater. It's just that sometimes I was digging a music track. By the way, I forgot to say I really enjoyed the experience. As large of a task as it was, it was still worth sticking through it to the end. When I finally found the last creature, I almost couldn't believe it. I felt joy and relief, but mostly satisfaction.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2021, 03:31:50 »
I'm glad you liked it! I'm pretty sure there is one GC that is a little too well-hidden. I feel like a lot of people missed it.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2022, 08:27:50 »
I was finally able to play it in with a ball (in unreleased KS Ex version). Its speed makes exploration levels much more fun. With that and with knowledge that I need to keep track of all water I encounter before I progress in the story, I really enjoyed the level. Vast and beautiful.

One bug I found: x1004y998 checks for a wrong flag.

Edit: I made it to the final secret.
:shocked: :whoa: O_o :O
I was ready to bet anything that no-one would be able to do it without the editor. I even used some code to find stuff I missed in map.bin. (gonna incorporate that code into the editor)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 08:31:29 by GrayFace »

Offline Kira

• I can see u now !
    • View Profile
    • illustrators-web-gallery
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2023, 16:50:15 »
It was a very cool experiment, a kind of walk in a forest at spring
I do not speak English very well. I apologize in advance for my mistakes or my misunderstanding.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2023, 05:53:43 »
Thanks, Kira. :)