[KS+][Epic][Challenge/Exploration][Hard/Very Hard] Reditus

• 21 Replies

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
Years ago Juni discovered the new land of Fallonar. She told her knytt friends about it and many of them settled in. However, trouble arose. A wizard is threatening to destroy the knytts so Juni must return to Fallonar and try to stop him.

I'm pleased to finally present Reditus! :D

This level requires egomassive's KS+ mod. Download KS+ here.

Download the level:
Through Google drive
Through Catbox

Thanks to VG for beta-testing! :)

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
Re: [KS+][Epic][Challenge/Exploration][Hard/Very Hard] Reditus
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 22:07:36 »
Ho-boy, this is another big one, isn't it? I've downloaded it and given it a quick play and I can already tell there's a TON here! Thanks for making it, and I look forward to exploring all that there is to see!

Offline plural

• twice shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 19:22:16 »
Played for a bit. The parts where Dewdrop Caverns connects to other tilesets look absolutely great. This is the first level where I wish I could scroll around when looking at the map. Also, I didn't realize you started with the map powerup and once I was able to check the map while wandering it felt so much less daunting. I feel like any epic exploration based levels could use it just so the player knows when they've been somewhere before. I stopped to post once I got killed by the toast in the tree, but it seems great, lots of small cool touches, and some really good tilesets. (I also cheated and looked at the files so I also want to say that Fubaka's contributions are also top notch.)

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 12:58:47 »
Loving the level. Loved Advena and this is even better. The underwater feature is a brilliant idea.

I've managed to get all but three creatures and one trophy before resorting to the level editor. However I'm stuck. Even with the editor I can't find the eye. Can I have a clue?? Please????

Edit: Never mind -  I just worked it out. Very clever level design!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 14:43:16 by nojdemo2 »

Offline SC

• Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*
    • View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 04:20:03 »
Ooooooooooh. Gonna have to stream this after I move to the new place. This looks pretty good...

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 21:16:31 »
Glad I was of help! I had a lot of fun during the betatesting  C)

This is one of the best exploration levels I've ever played. Lots of different areas with unique visuals, tons (and I mean TONS) of secrets and collectibles and many neat mechanics at play. If you guys liked Advena, be sure to not miss this one!
Some KS levels by me:

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 10:50:46 »
This is not Challenge/Exploration, this is Exploration first. I'd even call it just Exploration or Environmental/Challenge, though I guess I haven't made it to a place where challenge starts. Not my kind of level.
Spoiler: close to completion (click to show/hide)
Edit: Found the door I've missed with the editor and made a new post. I guess this isn't just Exploration, but it's Exploration/Challenge, not Challenge/Exploration.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 16:07:18 by GrayFace »

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 17:55:22 »
Well, I found AN ending! I gotta say, this was quite the relaxing, peaceful level. It's clear you put a lot of effort and passion into this level Purple Ink.  <3

I'm not sure I would mark this as Challenge or Very Hard. Even Hard is a bit of a stretch. But I digress.

I did enjoy it from the exploration point of view. It wasn't the sort of level I could sit there and play for hours, but every morning I played it for about 20-30 minutes to relax and finally it "clicked."

Thanks again for making this!

Quote from: GrayFace
I think I've been everywhere now. Never found the Eye, Hologram or any keys, never been underwater or inside lava. Am I supposed to visit some random screens I've already been to after pressing the 2 white buttons?

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 20:04:29 »
This is a beautiful level with huge potential, however I couldn't enjoy it properly for 2 reasons:
I'm not sure I would mark this as Challenge or Very Hard. Even Hard is a bit of a stretch.
I do think some parts of The Gauntlet are on the lower end of Very Hard. Have you been to it?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 16:10:37 by GrayFace »

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2020, 04:59:46 »
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.  :)

Sorry you didn't enjoy it, GrayFace. As for marking it challenge, that's an official category so I put it first. Also, the object is entirely a challenge to get from the start to the credits. That's why all of the hidden stuff is the way it is. It's not needed to beat the level. I put some hints about the fisherman in the level but I guess they were too hard to find or maybe too obscure. Will keep your feedback in mind. Thanks.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 06:06:41 »
Sorry you didn't enjoy it, GrayFace.
Sorry if I was too harsh :)

As for marking it challenge, that's an official category so I put it first.
For in-game categories I guess Environmental/Challenge that I proposed before won't work well, because it would show up in Environmental category and that would be annoying for people who want to play an Environmental level specifically. For the forum there's no reason to prioritize the official category, Exploration/Challenge fits best I think.

Also, the object is entirely a challenge to get from the start to the credits.
I don't get this point. Isn't it the objective in any level that isn't Playground?

I put some hints about the fisherman in the level but I guess they were too hard to find or maybe too obscure.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 05:48:29 »
Also, the object is entirely a challenge to get from the start to the credits.
I don't get this point. Isn't it the objective in any level that isn't Playground?

I meant it's not a puzzle or maze. Though you could argue they are challenges too.

As this is a sequel to Advena I guess I just took it for granted that people would have played it and retained some knowledge of the map.

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2020, 01:12:18 »
I'm stuck and would really appreciate a hint that could get me moving forward again.

I have all of the powerups except the eye. I also have the swim mask, all of the pink flowers, 5 gold Junis, 18 coins and 35 gold creatures.

I have no keys, but know where the yellow, blue and red ones are. I can't get the yellow key yet as I need to "collect 2".....2 gold Junis?

This is a great level! You have put a lot time and effort into creating it. Thank you Purple Ink! I love that it's not just exploration with pretty screens. It IS exploration with awesome screens AND the challenge to find all of the secrets.

Again, hints would be great to nudge me along.  :bebisharen:

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2020, 00:31:18 »
I'm stuck and would really appreciate a hint that could get me moving forward again.

I have all of the powerups except the eye. I also have the swim mask, all of the pink flowers, 5 gold Junis, 18 coins and 35 gold creatures.

I have no keys, but know where the yellow, blue and red ones are. I can't get the yellow key yet as I need to "collect 2".....2 gold Junis?

You can only get the eye once you have all 50 GCs.

Without knowing which golden creatures you have I can't say for sure what you need to do. But I suspect you might be missing an area because you don't have more coins. To get there ...

You are correct about what you need to collect. You can get the yellow key once you have all 7.

This is a great level! You have put a lot time and effort into creating it. Thank you Purple Ink! I love that it's not just exploration with pretty screens. It IS exploration with awesome screens AND the challenge to find all of the secrets.

Again, hints would be great to nudge me along.  :bebisharen:

Glad you like the level!  :)

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2021, 05:03:55 »
Okay, guys, it's been long enough. Did anyone actually find all the secrets without the editor? What about the two easter eggs? :shifty: