Epic Level Contest V3 - Winner Announced

• 23 Replies

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: Epic Level Contest V3
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2021, 05:35:09 »
Deadline is next week. Anyone else got anything to submit?
I was kinda hoping The Machine remake would be ready to go when this closed, but maybe I'm overestimating its ability to meet the minimum room count. I also like egomassive's idea of submitting LPChip Hooray Fun Time. I dunno... maybe we do need another 6 month extension after all?

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2021, 20:13:03 »
I wouldn't mind it is LPChip Hooray Fun Time was submitted.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2021, 06:21:13 »
Okay I'm back. I'm fine with LPChip Hooray Fun Time being submitted so there are more levels. However, like Island of Mimir, it cannot win the prize. Firstly because of its age. Secondly because it was a collaboration.

As far as extending the deadline: no. There is no point in extending the deadline if people aren't working on levels. I will give it a few more days for anyone to come forward and say they are working on a level. If no one comes forward we will move onto the voting phase. If devs for The Machine remake want to come forward and say the level will be submitted I can extend the deadline.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2021, 05:52:39 »
Though The Machine will certainly be over 400 screens when finished, I don't feel like it's epic. It's a normal level. Being a remake of the original KS level, it's about as normal as a level can be. And, if collaborations are disqualified from winning then there's no reason to hold up the judging and awarding of the epic levels which have a shot.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2021, 18:16:37 »
As no one else has come forward, submissions are now closed. Voting is open!

Submissions:

Vegetal Gibber: Forgotten Realms
Talps: Petals II
Nifforum: LPChip Hooray Fun Time

Play the levels and then send me a PM listing the levels from your favourite to your least favourite. If you submitted a level, votes for your own level will be disregard. The level with the most favourite votes is the winner! Voting ends on August 1, 2021. If people end up needing more time we can discuss it closer to August 1.

Special note about LPChip Hooray Fun Time: it can win first place as the favourite level of the compo. However, given its age and the fact that it was a collaboration, it cannot win the prize. If it wins first place, the second place level will win the prize.

I will abstain from voting despite playing all the levels. In the event of a tie I will cast the deciding vote.

As a reminder, the prize is a key for Chucklefish's game Wargroove.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
Re: Epic Level Contest V3: Submissions closed, voting open
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2021, 20:33:08 »
Bit late making post but voting is now over!

The favourite level of the compo was LPChip Hooray Fun Time. However, as was mentioned, it is ineligible for the prize.

Here is the list of levels according to votes:

1. LPChip Hooray Fun Time
2. Petals II
3. Forgotten Realms

So this means Talps wins the prize with Petals II. Congrats, Talps. :)

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Epic Level Contest V3 - Winner Announced
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2021, 21:47:37 »
Ah, I forgot to vote! Congratulations Nifforum and Talps. They are all fine levels.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2021, 14:19:25 »
Thanks everyone! I'm glad the group project won it, as so many people worked so hard on that (including Veg and me, so basically we both won regardless :P). And also grateful for the votes for Petals II; glad to have made something people like.

Thanks for making this happen, Purple Ink.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2021, 11:46:20 »
Again, really late to the party (and not even in a fashionable way). Just wanted to say contagra congratulations to Talps for a fantastic new level and a well deserved victory. Also, congrats to everyone involved in the creation of LPChip Hooray Fun Time (including me X-P )
Some KS levels by me: