[Lunatic] [Small] [Misc] The Impossible Jump 2

• 7 Replies

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
[Lunatic] [Small] [Misc] The Impossible Jump 2
« on: November 29, 2019, 19:59:08 »

No matter how many times I try to complete the above jump (clinging onto either of the two pipes exposed by the gap in the ceiling), I always seem to be just one measly pixel short. Is this just because I'm not Trying Hard Enough, or is this just the next ncrecc tutorial jump?

I DON'T KNOW!

So that's why I released this preview of this particular screen to see if anyone can manage this jump, like what fubaka did a while ago. If it is possible, it requires absurd amounts of frame precision. And if you do manage it, let me know as soon as possible. You've been a wonderful audience, thank you very much.

Downloab

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: [Lunatic] [Small] [Misc] The Impossible Jump 2
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 21:40:25 »
Haven't tried it, but I once made a video in which I jumped a few of these. Lets see if I can still find it...

Bummer, I do have it still, but its in ancient flash format, so it doesn't run anymore. lol. It was in the time before I even made mp4 files for my vids.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 23:19:38 »
Seems impossible by quite a margin.

Bummer, I do have it still, but its in ancient flash format, so it doesn't run anymore. lol. It was in the time before I even made mp4 files for my vids.
Upload it as is, I'll see if anything can handle it.

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 23:44:49 »
Seems impossible by quite a margin.
I've gotten a lot of near wall-grabs that were just a pixel or two down, so I'd say less than that. Happens once or twice in this gif:

(It's helpful to know that holding S always slightly decreases your fall-speed, with umbrella out or not, and that you jump higher when you don't have the umbrella out.)

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 00:24:34 »
ncrecc tutorial jump
4 OOB places in the Tutorial?!! How?? I only found one.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 00:34:55 »
I can confirm it's doable, although it took me quite a lot of tries (about 40 attempts in a row or so). I was able to (barely) grab the ledge by opening the umbrella in mid-air at the peak of the first jump, then closing it and double-jumping to the right simultaneously while holding down the Up arrow key:

« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 00:36:36 by Vegetal Gibber »
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 06:21:39 »
I can confirm it's doable, although it took me quite a lot of tries (about 40 attempts in a row or so). I was able to (barely) grab the ledge by opening the umbrella in mid-air at the peak of the first jump, then closing it and double-jumping to the right simultaneously while holding down the Up arrow key:

Guess who's getting a shout-out in a particular hard-to-access secret room in the full version of this level?
Thanks, man! :D
(And I guess with that this topic has served its purpose - though, LPChip: if you managed a different way to do this jump, I'd love to see it!)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 14:37:01 »
My thoughts were to approach it from the right and do a triangular jump to the left. I'll download the level and give it a try. If I manage to do that, I'll record a video too. I'll edit this post unless replies were posted in the meanwhile.

EDIT: Ok, the right side is non-sticky... yeah, then its not gonna work what I thought... I'm not good at these kinds of jumps, so I won't be able to do these.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 14:42:16 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex