Two things: Save Points and Starting Powers

• 6 Replies
Two things: Save Points and Starting Powers
« on: April 29, 2009, 02:01:52 »
I have a question and an issue.  My question is, how do I edit what powers Juni starts with at the beginning of the level?  I'm not sure what happened, but now she starts running at the first screen, where earlier she started with no powers.  My issue is with save points.  This began when I started using the level editor.  Before then, when I'm playing knytt stories, or previewing my level, whenever I run over a save point I can press down and it saves the game.  Now, this still happens, but it is as if it is saving in rapid succession.  It doesn't sound or look like one clean save, it repeats the process rapidly when I hold down the arrow key, even for a very short period of time.  Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 02:13:23 by kev9982 »

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: Two things: Save Points and Starting Powers
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 03:12:49 »
In the editor, when you click "Set start position", but before you place Juni, you have the chance to turn all the powerups on or off.

I have no idea what your problem with the save points is. Save points are set so you can only save like once a second (actually, however long it takes for the save animation to finish) if you hold down the down key on them. It actually sounds like you're having problems with shifts. Shifts can be set off repeatedly in a very small space of time, and make different noises than save points. By default, shifts are set to look like savepoints, only purple.
good bye

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 03:19:24 »
For the powerup problem, there are two buttons in the level editor; 'Test Level' and 'Set Startpos'. When you click, a menu pops under it, allowing you to set which powerups you want to test with, or set which powerups you have at the level's start (depending on whether you picked Startpos or Test). Clicking on the level will start testing the level at that place, or set juni to start there in the level normally. You can also click on the buttons to make the menu disappear; anything you change will be saved if you save the level. It sounds confusing but play around with it, you'll get it.

The save problem...I don't really know, sorry. Good luck, tho! :)

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 03:55:11 »
Thanks for the help with the starting power-ups.  I think I'll be able to fix that now.  No, I definitely know it's not an issue with shifts.  It is the save points.  It wasn't like this before I started with the level editor.  I may just have to see if reinstalling KS will fix the problem.

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 02:37:32 »
Well, I think the weird save-point thing was fixed after I reset my comp.

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 18:10:38 »
I think one of the early versions of KS did something like that with the save spots... no idea if there's a connection, but it's a possibility, maybe?

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 22:03:56 »
If you're running alot of programs it causes your game to lag.

The lag sound thingy is normal :)