[KS+][Challenge/Misc] Desert Knytt

• 0 Replies
[KS+][Challenge/Misc] Desert Knytt
« on: November 20, 2019, 19:46:06 »
Shift delays. They're great. They allow for some pretty creative and unique timer-based challenges, like the ones in Ultigonio's 2016 masterpiece, Deep Freeze.

What's not so great is that if you set the delay time to something unrealistically large, like 28800000, it'll still work as intended, allowing particularly sadistic level designers to force players to stay on a single screen for several hours. What's even worse is that if Juni leaves the screen or dies, the shift is canceled out, and all that time the player spent waiting for the shift to happen is wasted. Thankfully, that sort of thing has never actually been done in a level.

Until today, that is.

I discovered this neat little quirk back in July of last year thanks to Sergio, Gliperal, and ixMarcel. Since then, i've always wanted to find some way to make a joke level (or joke challenge within a regular level) with this as its main gimmick, but i never really found a proper use for it. And then, earlier this month, Desert Bus For Hope 2019 happened and it gave me a sudden burst of inspiration.

So yeah, here's a level that's basically Desert Bus in KS.

Download

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)