[Hard/Challenge/Epic Length] I Dreamed of the Sky

• 73 Replies
Re: [Hard/Challenge/Epic Length] I Dreamed of the Sky
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2013, 03:41:33 »
Started playing KS again (Even got KS+) and wow this level amazed me. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2013, 23:32:32 »
wow THAT LONG of development time. that's just insane.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2013, 13:59:30 »
Indeed.

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2014, 01:31:54 »
A fantastic level. Just wanted to drop by and say I finally played through this and loved it. I wonder if a sequel is in the works with the ending that was given. A fantastic level all around. :)
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2014, 10:22:28 »
Glad you enjoyed it. The sequel to this is one of three projects I'm considering working on when I finish 'Dragon Myth'.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2015, 14:38:56 »
Just wanted to say that I completed this level recently and it was, indeed, awesome. Lots of custom stuff, interesting mechanics, very polished level design, animated cutscenes, a very good plot and a well balanced challenge (not easy, but not too hard, just enough to keep you coming back to retry after a failure). I don't think you can ask for much more in a KS level :)

Some KS levels by me:

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2015, 14:58:07 »
@Vegetal Gibber, I pointed the same thing out during the betatest, except that I actually got stuck there due to a solid pixel, so I naturally assumed I couldn't go up there and was wandering around for a long time too. That mistake got fixed and Talps told me he didn't want it to be that obvious.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2015, 19:27:42 »
Actually when I was designing that area I deliberately put the lift at the bottom of the level and put in all the screens above it where you could see the lift shaft, in the hope that this would show the player where the exit was; unfortunately I think a lot of people didn't notice it, even though it runs up one side of the screen taking up a lot of space - human psychology working against me, perhaps. My idea was good but the execution not so much; I couldn't think of a way to make it more eye-grabbing.

Also, in an ideal world the lift at the bottom would have been a wreck, leaving the bottom of the shaft more open and again, making more of a distinction from the norm to draw the player's eye, but I couldn't draw a ruined lift to my satisfaction.

Glad you enjoyed the level anyway! :D

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2020, 02:17:09 »
I was making a very short list of essential levels for a newcomer to KS. I included this level, obviously. Then, I noticed it wasn't on the knyttlevels archive. Sometimes, when a level I really enjoy isn't there, I upload the best version of it I can find. But since Talps is still somewhat active in the community, I thought I should request its upload with a post here. Just in case he felt any small changes were needed before posterity.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2020, 00:03:03 »
Thanks for including me! <3

I wasn't able to upload IDotS to the archive when I finished it; for some reason whenever I tried it would stop working just before the upload completed; my best guess was that my laptop couldn't handle it. I don't mind it being uploaded there now. My bid to update Eurydice turned into a project for an entire remake that I never completed; I think something similar would happen if I tried to work on this again.

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2020, 07:28:51 »
Okay, it's up. Thanks, Talps. I still have hope for that Eurydice remake someday. C)

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2020, 22:11:38 »
I've actually turned the Eurydice remake's plot into a novella. It's not quite finished yet but if I ever publish it I'll make sure to announce as much here if the forum is still active. You guys certainly deserve thanks for its existence.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2020, 21:04:36 »
Really late reply, but wow, this is fantastic, Talps!

I recently began feeling nostalgic and started looking around the old forums here. Glad I did! Loved the story and atmosphere, even with (mostly) standard KS music.

Kinda makes me want to get back into making KS levels, but...ah, this place seems pretty dead unfortunately. I might, I might not, I dunno.

Still, glad to see stuff like this. :)
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2020, 12:32:53 »
Hey, I'm really glad you enjoyed!

I was feeling like the forum was nearly dead a short while ago but a few recent releases have brought people out of hiding, so there's a little hope!

Maybe a KS revival will be one of the positive outcomes of covid-19. :P