[Challenge/Playground][Hard-Lunatic] [KS+] Gustav's Retribution

• 52 Replies

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
Re: [Challenge/Playground][Hard-Lunatic] [KS+] Gustav's Retribution
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2023, 23:26:22 »
And so, after two abandoned playthroughs, I finally played through the whole level again. Overall, my opinion has gotten more positive. The added save points and some toned down challenges really helped make this playthrough a lot less frustrating and more entertaining than my first. The added experience probably contributed as well. The level is in a pretty good state now. Obviously not without some further room for improvement, as my feedback made clear, but I'm rather satisfied now. Won't be forgetting about it any time soon.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 23:28:27 by kilicool64 »

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2023, 14:05:01 »
So I recently started making video playthroughs of Nifflas' games, which spontaneously inspired me to cover this level. Just finished it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPY6G2hmt_KrK2D04VroJVxc-GQ1g3AKw

You don't seem to be active at the moment, but if you come back and are still interested in giving this level some more polish, my playthrough could give some useful insight on which parts I found the hardest and where I discovered exploits. I found a few bugs on this playthrough as well. Don't remember much, but it turns out you can skip the fight with Bella by walking past her and picking up her coin that's just lying around.

Edit: Just remembered another tiny issue. One the left screen of the Azure Outpost, there are a handful of tiles that don't get transformed by the Astral Corruption.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 17:07:35 by kilicool64 »

Offline fabiche

• I love 2D games :-D
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2023, 11:50:00 »
Hello kilicool64
I have not started yet Gustav's Retribution (I love Shreeps levels) because I am playing Reditus for the moment
I am a little bit lost in Reditus, not knowing where to go and going around in a loop
I saw that you finished it 100%. I'll see if your videos can help me to continue because I was a little discouraged not to find the exit
Thanks ;-)

Offline fabiche

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2023, 17:04:36 »
I can't wait to start this level... I would like to finish Salty Seas before  :) <3

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2023, 17:09:54 »
I can't wait to start this level... I would like to finish Salty Seas before  :) <3

Just so you know, Chapter 1 of Azure Serenity: Tranquil Dreams is significantly harder in difficulty than this level, mainly thanks to the final boss, which took me almost two hours. Feel free to play that first regardless, but you'll be in for a real challenge.

Offline fabiche

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2023, 13:37:04 »
Ok thanks kilicool ;-)
I finished Azure Serenity: Tranquil Dreams but the first version from 2014...and I even found everything including the 50 GC
however I don't remember a boss at the end. Is this new in the latest version ?
because here I only play the "Salty Seas" part, choice that I made in the menu of the last version

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2023, 23:43:34 »
Ok thanks kilicool ;-)
I finished Azure Serenity: Tranquil Dreams but the first version from 2014...and I even found everything including the 50 GC
however I don't remember a boss at the end. Is this new in the latest version ?
because here I only play the "Salty Seas" part, choice that I made in the menu of the last version
Just so you know, The Salty Seas is just a small part of the remake. It has a large chunk of the original's content as well with significant changes and additions. You missed out on a lot. The option to be sent straight to The Salty Seas exists for players who already played an earlier version of the remake, not for those who only played the original, which was just called Azure Serenity without Tranquil Dreams.

The final boss is the one you're struggling with right now, the Silver Priestess.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 23:46:24 by kilicool64 »

Offline fabiche

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2023, 13:37:17 »
ah ok so in a way it's a new adventure... so I'm saving it for later, thanks ;-)