[Easy] [Small] [Tutorial] Tutorial FIXED

• 4 Replies

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
[Easy] [Small] [Tutorial] Tutorial FIXED
« on: April 01, 2019, 19:30:34 »
The classic Nifflas tutorial you all know and love, made even better.
SUMMARY
While we all know and love Nicklas 'Nifflas' Nygren's tutorial for the video game Knytt Stories, some have noticed it does not live up to its peak potential. Wallswims, voidscreen access... you name it. Though we play through it as though it were a vivid childhood memory to be re-experienced thousands of times over, we can't help but sigh and think how it could be just a little bit better.
Alas, your reluctant sighs have finally come to an end - gawk in amazement at Tutorial FIXED, an upgraded version of the tutorial level guaranteed to remove any aspects of it that are less than one hundred percent satisfactory to all players and viewers.

I am truly excited to say that this may be the best Knytt Stories level I have ever played. This opens up an entire realm of accessibility for speedrunners and people just getting started out with the game.
~canteven, aspiring game design consultant
WHAT'S CHANGED?
Perhaps you can't help but wonder, "but how? How could this classic level possibly be any better than it previously is?" Assuming you, the hypothetical reader, have completely forgot what you just said about how the level could be improved in the first paragraph, allow me to list every issue this level addresses and most marvelously fixes:

• The voidscreen above x1007y998 is rendered permanently inaccessible throughout all copies of the level forever.
  • There is no longer any way to access the top border of the screen in x1012y998.
  • Access to the voidscreen above x1014y998 has been subject to a balance check and deemed unnecessary.
  • x1016y998 no longer links into x1016y997, as x1016y997 is a voidscreen and deemed taboo by the community.
  • Your satisfaction with the original level is retroactively improved by this redesign.

Do not fret if you find a few tiles misplaced compared to the original Nifflas - Tutorial level. Chances are, it is simply another way in which the level has been optimized for maximum entertainment and believability.

Why waste time with something merely "epic" when you can go with something that's plain "awesome"?
~canteven, longtime community guardian
CHANGE-LOG
The future brings us many new and exciting possibilities. Even with its ensured success, I cannot possibly tell what this level will look like a month from now. Will more errors be found and enhancements made? All I can do is provide a log of every change I have made to the level and will make in the days upcoming - that's right, a change-log!

Spoiler: Change-log (click to show/hide)

I, for one, am all for the advancement of human technology. Not because it deprecates earlier technology, but because something that's one thing today might be another thing tomorrow.
~canteven, novice sandwich-maker
SCREENSHOTS
I am excited to announce that the concept of this level is so basic, it does not need screenshots - that's right, you can visualize the entire level in your head. Big woah. Just imagine every voidscreen access point in the level being removed with the addition of voidscreen invocation prevention apparatuses (VIPAs) such as, but not limited to, encouraging the player to exercise self-restraint and simply not enter voidscreens to begin with.

Just one month ago, I never would have thought sharing images of our levels could be this energy-efficient. The future, as is commonly said, is now.
~canteven, producer of upcoming level "You Have to Put the Juni in the Juni"
DOWNLOAD
As an independent game developer, I solmenly believe that video games and video game levels deserve to be played and not just discussed. I support this practice by offering a download to my newest level, Tutorial FIXED:
If you come across any difficulty playing or otherwise utilizing the attached level, please navigate to the level's folder and read "Info.ini" for instructions and further information.

Good, I was running out of quotes.
~canteven, Niffcord advocate
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 22:49:25 by canteven »

Offline plural

• twice shy
    • View Profile
Re: [Easy] [Small] [Tutorial] Tutorial FIXED
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 01:06:47 »
I think the changes make it too hard. I can't beat it, anymore.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 22:16:13 »
I've been looking forward to this level since it was first announced all those years ago. However, it's too expensive so I can't play it. :(

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 00:05:39 »
How much does it cost in GBP? I really wanna try this!

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 22:36:00 »
How much does it cost in GBP? I really wanna try this!
You're in luck, it costs only 0 rupees in GBP.