Mafia 2 - Over

• 164 Replies

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 2 - Day 1
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 18:59:16 »
@Mod: I'm assuming the voting system were using is the "First to get as many votes as half of the remaining alive players, rounded up", yes?

In that case it's 6 votes to lynch.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline NESgamer190

• X-com's nightmare: Chryssalid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 21:27:03 »
I won't hop on a voting bandwagon, but I will point my finger toward limelemon for now...
I am really thinking limelemon's hopeful win is plausible he is town, but I am unsure if he is bluffing...
Then again...  victor12 has been awful harsh, so I kinda have to split my finger of suspicion between limelemon and victor12.  (Not in favor of anyone yet.)
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

I really have nothing going for me for creative signatures.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 01:32:05 »
@Mod: I'm assuming the voting system were using is the "First to get as many votes as half of the remaining alive players, rounded up", yes?

In that case it's 6 votes to lynch.

Corrected.

VOTECOUNT
 - LimeLemon(1): victor12
 - victor12(1): LimeLemon
 - Currently Not Voting: Cheesedude777, Purple Pineapple, Salmoneous, Shawnachu, Sabata, Igiari, koromi, NESGamer170,  LunarTick

I am assuming Purple Pineapple is not voting there.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 01:37:51 by Budja »

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 01:57:56 »
- LimeLemon(1): victor12
 - victor12(1): LimeLemon
XD
I am assuming Purple Pineapple is not voting there.
Alright fine. Ignore the deck of cards.
Lurk more.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 02:32:33 »
Please do not delete your posts.

If you want to vote, make it clear.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 08:09:06 »
Also, Limelemon, you seem to agree with the posts of Budja and I but you have still voted hastily. On the other hand I am more inclined to forgive your quickvote rather than Victor's because of this:
I guess my vote is on you now, but I may change it.

Instead of voting, why not point your Finger of Suspicion at those who you think are mafia? Do this by posting FOS: Username. It is essentially meaningless but it clearly states intention and suspicion to your fellow townies. You don't need to use the FOS, of course, but it may come in handy if you are a little triggerhappy on the voting. :)

Well, right now I'm suspecting victor12... until we get more "evidence" or he defends himself properly. But I guess you're right, I'm removing my vote and putting my FOS on him. :P2

vote:nobody
FOS:victor12
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Cheesedude777

• Cheese can now do the moonwalk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 17:20:27 »
sorry for the delay I confirm I got the pm.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 18:09:49 »
I'd like to know what Cheesedude and Purple pineapple think of the current situation. I especially want to know what these guys think (as opposed to other more dormant players), because they have posted in the thread but they haven't really said anything useful or substantial.

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 01:44:01 »
Alright:
I think with victor12 and LimeLemon pointing fingers at eachother there are two likelyhoods:
one is mafia and other is investigator.
neither are mafia

I also thought of something interresting:
If the investigator find out someone is the mafia, they give away their possition and post that name in thread.
Now a few things could happen:
  • A mafia member is inpersonating the investigator
  • If ^, the real investigator denies their claim.
  • If ^^, the real investigator investigates said investigator
  • The vigilante does away with that person
  • The town waits for the mafia to vote for the investigator, then knows the two people
  • The mafia post the two final votes, and lynch the investigator at once
  • The guard must decide if they think that person is the investigator. Then, they decide whether or not to protect him or her.

As for my opinion on mafia, there's not enough info. For now, I vote LimeLemon for the same reasons as victor12 and the first part of my post.
Lurk more.

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 02:00:16 »
Vote: Limelemon

Seriously, dude... didn't you listen to Budja and Lunar?
It was just a little comment I made, didn't feel good to just post "I confirm".
Maybe you just want a townie killed, and had to find something small to blame someone for?

And also, we all know that the mafia stays low, because they are so afraid of being killed.
OR they quickly blame someone.

Two things here.
First, LimeLemon says that the "Mafia stays low". He certainly isn't staying low, and is probably using this to lead suspicion off of him.
Second, He also adds: "OR they quickly blame someone". He is the second one to vote.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2009, 04:18:24 »
VOTECOUNT
 - LimeLemon(3): victor12, Purple Pineapple, Shawnachu
 - Currently Not Voting: Cheesedude777, Salmoneous, Sabata, Igiari, koromi, NESGamer170,  LunarTick, LimeLemon

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

More posting would be good...

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2009, 07:02:09 »
Alright:
I think with victor12 and LimeLemon pointing fingers at eachother there are two likelyhoods:
one is mafia and other is investigator.
neither are mafia
This statement is completely baseless. What made you think that there is a large possibility that one of them is a mafia and the other is the investigator?

If you feel sure about the your claims in this quote, how can you be so confident about your vote, if you yourself think that one of the two candidates is the investigator? As there isn't really a solid case on either Limelemon or Victor (yet), voting for either of them is based more on first impressions than facts derived from debating. And when one thinks that one of the two is investigator, then it doesn't really make sense to vote for either, it's too dangerous at this point.

Your vote seems baseless and forced, which is usually a mafia-tell.

If the investigator find out someone is the mafia, they give away their possition and post that name in thread.
Now a few things could happen: [...]
75% of the time, if not more, it is not in the interests of the town for the investigator to reveal her identity.
However, 100% of the time, if not more, it is in the interests of the town for the investigator to make cases for and against the other players, based on the facts he has. These cases though have to be based on the suspicious activities (which are always there) of the mafia in the thread. It is illogical for the town to just be led to a lynch because someguy thinks that someotherguy is mafia, so the investigator needs to back up his cases. And if he can't, well he should force the mafia he has investigated to slip up by asking questions and cetera.

Shawnachu's vote is more plausible, and less suspicious, since he has backed up his case with some quotes.

I am interested in hearing victor's opinions on his vote, and the following discussions that ensued.

Also, hearing from the deadly silent Salmoneous, Sabata, Igiari and koromi would be good.

@Mod: I'd like to request a prod PM to all players who haven't posted anything but confirmations in the thread. Thanks.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2009, 13:24:26 »
...you vote for Lunar becasue you think he is annoying?

Well, you're not completely wrong...
The first impression I got of him was "oh, he says so many good things that makes sense, he can't possibly be mafia..." but now I'm thinking the exact opposite. A number of people have blamed me for "trying to look innocent", but why don't you take a look at Lunar's posts then?

Why I haven't posted my thoughts on this until now, must be because I was unsure, and I'm sure many other people think Lunar seems innocent, so maybe they would blame me for being mafia who wanted to kill a townie then...
But I got reminded when I saw Lunar had posted more stuff (and also when Salmoneous voted for him), he's posting too much...

Vote: Limelemon

Seriously, dude... didn't you listen to Budja and Lunar?
It was just a little comment I made, didn't feel good to just post "I confirm".
Maybe you just want a townie killed, and had to find something small to blame someone for?

And also, we all know that the mafia stays low, because they are so afraid of being killed.
OR they quickly blame someone.

Two things here.
First, LimeLemon says that the "Mafia stays low". He certainly isn't staying low, and is probably using this to lead suspicion off of him.
Second, He also adds: "OR they quickly blame someone". He is the second one to vote.

Well, remember the last mafia? You stayed pretty low, just took random quotes and blamed people. Salmoneous wasn't very active either. And all other mafias? The reason everyone suspects me now is because I dare to talk. What about the ones who haven't posted at all? They make a very smart move by doing so, as no one can suspect them when they haven't said anything. And the only reason I voted for victor12 was because he voted for me, for a very bad reason. But then I recalled my mistake in the previous mafia, and removed my vote, and of course defended myself, but OF COURSE everyone thought I was more suspicious then.

But anyway, if your theory is right, that the mafia DOESN'T stay low, Lunar is more likely a mafia than I am.

But sure, kill me just because I am trying to defend myself.

Also note that I will not vote for Lunar, because I think it's most likely that Salmoneous (voting for Lunar for a random reason), or the others who haven't said anything (or almost not anything) is the mafia. But it sure would be smart to vote for Lunar, as maybe more would join me and Salmoneous then, making the risk of me getting lynched smaller. But it could also lead to more people suspecting me... and it could also lead to Lunar's execution, and I'm not so sure he's a mafia... as I said it's most likely Salmoneous or the other quiet/random ones.

I save my vote for later...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 13:28:53 by LimeLemon »
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 16:45:08 »
Even though it makes sense that the Mafia usually are more active than not (on this forum), it doesn't make sense to vote for people based solely or mostly on how much they speak. It doesn't make sense because outspokenness is a good thing no matter what alignment the speaker is.

If you think someone is a mafia, counter his cases and his comments, argue with him and his ulterior motives are bound to come to the surfaces at some point and the town will trip him up at some point, as long as they engage in proper discussion.

It must be one of those quaint symptoms of the paradoxical mafia one plays on this Forum, as you/we guys seem to look down upon open discussion and promote silence as a Townie virtue (!). Perhaps this isn't being done directly, but by campaigning against outspokenness one does promote inactivity in the long run, as both the townies and mafia in the rounds to come after a lynch of a great talker, will surely be more quiet in fear of being lynched as well. And the mafia will truly have the upper hand.

So, it is against the interests of the town to lynch an outspoken person without any other evidence.

Turning this into a reverse-reverse-psychology mind game produces no tangible evidence so we shouldn't do that either.