Block Other Objects

• 6 Replies
Block Other Objects
« on: April 27, 2009, 23:53:20 »
I am working on a level and I wanted to know how to block a moving object but not block Juni.

Basically what is going on is there is the moving spike block, and it is supposed to stay on the screen and annoy Juni, but instead it follows the green path. What I am looking for is some hypothetical block (the magenta) that stops the spike block from passing, but allows Juni to pass through.

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
Re: Block Other Objects
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 00:56:17 »
He wants a block to reflect the moving spike, but NOT block Juni at all. I'm afraid this feature is not in normal KS. Sorry.  :S

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 01:01:04 »
It's late and i'm posting from my phone so sorry if this is wrong but can't you have a thing where the tile sticks up 1 or 2 semi-transparent pixels, so juni can still squeeze through but the block is blocked?

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 01:10:14 »
You could make a tile in your tileset to do it, like dataflashsabot said, but an actual object would be more effective. Also, using a tile isn't really practical since you only get a certain amount and you'd end up using a lot of tiles if you had a lot of these situations, plus it'd still be solid to Juni, even if you could get by it; it'd be sorta odd sticking out. But! It is really the only workaround, other than just changing the screen a bit.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 20:37:46 »
I don't think you can block objects like that while Juni can get past. Do note that this block is only moving into another direction when it touches a solid. So in your example, even if this problem wasn't there, it would only be moving on the outside border of the screen. You can fix the issue by lowering the right part by one block. It will bounce against the wall then and turn into another direction. But you probably want to redesign the level in such way that the block is moving more random through the screen instead of only at the border.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 07:23:41 »
What if you made Juni "shift" into the room with the spike block, that was the block can't escape its box, while Juni can enter (via shift.)

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 19:20:08 »
What if you made Juni "shift" into the room with the spike block, that was the block can't escape its box, while Juni can enter (via shift.)
That would not only be tedious, but probably look wierd. I think the tileset ideas would be ideal for this.
Lurk more.