[KS+] Reditus

• 4 Replies

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
[KS+] Reditus
« on: September 14, 2018, 18:50:13 »
After over a year since I first teased it I finally reached a point where I can make this thread!

Presenting the long awaited sequel to Advena! It's been a few years since Juni left the mysterious land of Fallonar and the knytts have moved in. Unfortunately, their presence has attracted some unwanted attention. Now Juni must return to save the knytts from certain danger.

Overall the main world is essentially the same as it was in Advena. However, there are some differences between the two. Reditus differences include:

- larger map with new areas to explore
- more OCOs
- different secrets
- different locations for hidden treasures
- improved tilesets and screens
- knytt villages scattered throughout the world
- a "new mechanic"
- custom text colour for when Juni speaks
- a much more organised world.ini so it's easier to understand when people snoop

I won't really be posting any screenshots since it's mostly the same. Like mentioned, tilesets and screens are improved but most of them wouldn't be noticeable unless you had Advena screens open beside to compare to. Over 1000 screens have been made so far, which constitutes the entire main area (excluding secret locations). There's still a bit of work left but I've reach the point I set out to reach before making this thread. Given my track record you shouldn't expect this level super soon. Like I mentioned elsewhere, I have a poor work ethic and poor motivation sometimes so don't always actively work on this. However, you can expect that I will finish it eventually. :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 20:12:55 by Purple Ink »

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
Re: [KS+] Reditus
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 15:33:34 »
This sounds intriguing. So, will this be like a remake of Avena?

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 22:06:01 »
Lore-wise it's a sequel but it will play more like a remake. If you liked Advena and want a fresh experience that's still familiar then you'll like this level. I think.

Anyway, not sure how much progress I've made since I started the thread. I was very ill for a month and a half because of my disease so did not work in that time. I've been getting back into KS so expect to do a lot of work in the near future. I will absolutely not make any guesses about a completion date. I think you know why. :)

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 03:59:38 »
Well it's been a year. So what's new? Not as much as I would have liked, honestly. I have been making some progress, albeit abysmally slow. I start working but often feel inundated with how much there is to do still and simply give up working after brief amounts of time. In addition, I've been pursing other interests.

This post is just a little update to say I am alive and am still working on this. The level, including all secrets, is fully planned out so it's just a matter of getting to work and making it happen. I was hoping to have something more to show by now so I hope you'll forgive me. Let's hope it doesn't take another year to finish.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 23:43:14 »
Advena is, as far as I can remember, the only large-scale exploration level I was able to play to completion despite me having the attention span of a 2 year old, so I'm definitely looking forward to playing this someday!
Some KS levels by me: