help with using Winebottler to play Saira on Mac

• 3 Replies

Offline matt w

• View Profile
help with using Winebottler to play Saira on Mac
« on: June 21, 2018, 17:26:09 »
Hi, I've been trying to play Saira on a Mac using Winebottler, but I seem to keep winding up with the demo version rather than the full game. Can anyone help explain the best way to use Winebottler to get the full version of Saira?

It seems to me as though the Saira.exe file that can be obtained from Nifflas's current site is the demo, and that perhaps Saira.zip is the full version, but I've had a little trouble getting the files that come from Saira.zip to work in Winebottler. One time the game (I think not the demo) started up during the middle of the Wine packaging process, but I was never able to get that again; the next time I tried bottling that file I wound up with the demo again.

Also, forgive me if I'm being dense; I remembered Nifflas releasing Saira for free but if the demo is actually the only version I can get from the website that would explain it!

Thank you.

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
Re: help with using Winebottler to play Saira on Mac
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 17:29:21 »
There should be some settings executable. Open it and input the following code somewhere where it asks for a serial:

Offline matt w

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 17:42:22 »
Thanks so much! It looks like that worked!

Offline matt w

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 21:43:40 »
So for posterity, I had some more trouble getting this to be the not-demo version, but after I ran the settings.exe program I ran winebottler again and the new app seems to be the full version. Thanks again!