[Challenge/Maze][Normal][Medium]Compare and Contrast

• 5 Replies
[Challenge/Maze][Normal][Medium]Compare and Contrast
« on: June 09, 2018, 03:45:04 »

Compare and Contrast is a level in which you traverse a castle, looking for powerups. But there's a twist: The castle exists in two worlds, and Juni can travel between them at certain locations.

One world was made entirely by Gliperal, and the other world was made entirely by me.

That's really all i have to say about this level.

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)

Download v1.1

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 14:44:27 by StraightFlame »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: [Challenge/Maze][Normal][Medium]Compare and Contrast
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 08:03:43 »
That was great. I'm impressed by how well the collaboration method used came together! I noticed this was missing from the credits, so I'll just point out that Song22 is Chris Schlarb - A Sense Of Place (Harara Mountains).

Hopeseekeer

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 12:40:38 »
A very nice level. I really loved this and in particular I liked how it was designed by two different people and how the two works perfectly blended together.
I also loved the humour and the fact I have not had to resort to any form of cheating to finish it.
This is true unless there is a secret ending where
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 21:32:48 »
There's no "real" secret ending, and the toast is just decoration, but if you're that dead set on seeing everything there is to see in a level... have i got something for you.

Aside from the detector, there's one other powerup you don't actually need to have in order to beat this level. There's a little easter egg waiting for you if you reach the machine without getting said powerup. Nothing too impressive, but it exists and it can be achieved.

There's gonna be a few tricky jumps along the way, though.

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 05:53:00 »
Found a massive void access from the screenshot below. It allows you to get outside the walls of the tower.

Spoiler: void access (click to show/hide)

Instead of plugging it off, fill it with something nice for me, would ya?
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 14:48:02 »
Wow, you actually managed to reach that? Impressive.

Anyways, it's fixed now. I did exactly what you requested and filled it with something nice.

I also took this opportunity to fix some other things; there's a full changelog in the first post.