Pigeon Voyageur - Prolific KS Streamer

• 13 Replies
Pigeon Voyageur - Prolific KS Streamer
« on: May 02, 2018, 23:38:55 »
I just wanted to give a shout out to the most prolific Knytt Stories let'splayer on YouTube: Pigeon Voyageur

https://www.youtube.com/user/PigeonxHunter/playlists?shelf_id=11&sort=dd&view=50

He appears to have close to 400 KS playthrough videos, many with multiple levels per video.  So if you've ever wanted to dive into the massive, terrifying, dangerous, dark, drippy, foggy, echoey, swampy, arcane, unintelligible, confusing, grizzly bear-infested ecosystem that is knyttlevels.com in the hopes of finding that one hidden gem that no one here has ever heard of or talked about, you should check out his channel.  He's the only streamer (that I could find) currently posting new KS level playthroughs featuring different levels each time (apart from longer levels which require series).  And he's making new ones just about every day!  This means, of course, that along with the excellent levels, he plays the broken, the unfinished, the unfair, and the pointless.  He also plays the goofy, the cute, the bizarre, the silly and the outrageous.  He occasionally quits when something is too tedious or difficult or when he can't figure something out (sadly, this happened at the end of Talps' brilliant Coming of the Dark).  He's a pretty good player, too.  The other day he posted an Industrial Trap (SecretGlitch) playthrough that I had to turn off midway through because he got so much farther than me.  :sad: And dedicated as well, he has a 100% playthrough of the infamous Azure Serenity by Shreeps that totals around 9 hours!  Unfortunately for me and other fellow non-French speakers, his commentary is entirely in French so I can't completely share in his joys, frustrations and puzzlements.  His videos often have less than a handful of views, so hopefully the word can be spread so this knytt warrior can get a little more deserved attention.  :)

Re: Pigeon Voyageur - Prolific KS Streamer
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 17:11:51 »
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I have seen this post, so I wanted to thank the KS community so far.
I discovered Knytt Stories at its early stage back in 2008-2009 with ProtonJon's videos, but it's only been since 2016 that I really decided to try and do all the levels on the archive.
If I am not mistaken, I have done over 1000 levels from it and a few extras.
However, my previous computer died thus I have lost all the levels I previously downloaded as well, implying the ones I played and not played.
Since I have only been doing easy levels, I avoided only those which were labeled as very hard or lunatic, there could be a few good ones I might have missed.
So if anyone would like me to try to play through a level, or re do it, in English of course, you are welcome :) .

I took great pleasure in playing them recently, especially since I was able to talk to drakkan while doing and finishing Training Grounds and Gaia. So I would like to thank as well the creators who I was able to talk to over the years !

On a side note, I looked at the "Development Showcase" forum and I would also be interested in playing through a few of them as well :) .

If you want me to comment on something, you can always ask me.

Thank you again,

Best,

Pigeon

Offline plural

• twice shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 21:46:50 »
I gotta admit that I searched for my own levels after seeing Drakkan mention DonDoli in his new collected levels thread and seeing that he played one of mine. I noticed you played Hypnagogia in my search and watching it made me happy to see you look for different endings and paths as I've become more and more cynical about people doing things like that. Anyway, I've been watching your videos (mostly KS stuff) for about a month or so. It helps keep the game in my mind and remember I need to finish the levels I have left to finish and it's just nice to see Knytt Stories played at all these days.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 19:21:21 »
Ah yes he also mentioned that name as well, apparently he did play a few weeks ago.

Well the secrets were what got me into playing KS because I found them very funny the first time I discovered them (especially with ProtonJon's playthroughs of course :P ).
The more I discovered the levels on the archive, the more innovative and fun the secrets got other the time.
That's why I have not lost the habit to look into every nook and cranny of a map, even if it means that I may have to spend 5 minutes to backtrack just to make sure ^^.
Although I had some help from Drakkan to find a few secrets in Gaia lately, I still spent almost 3 hours overall to discover everything :) .

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 15:58:13 »
I gotta admit that I searched for my own levels

Barely ashamed to say I did the same! To address the remark on the latest video with my levels, I only "participated in the creation of Knytt Stories" insofar as I contributed some default tilesets and pre-release testing. Maybe that counts?

I'll also mention (just as I mentioned to DonDoli minutes ago) that the level Something with snow which you streamed back in June was eventually completed as Endless Winter, which some mysterious person uploaded to the Level Archive last month (so I'm sure you'll eventually get to it).

Thanks for providing the most comprehensive video record of custom Knytt Stories levels ever!

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 18:52:05 »
I only "participated in the creation of Knytt Stories" insofar as I contributed some default tilesets and pre-release testing. Maybe that counts?

I would beg to differ I am sure there is more to this :P , I mean who in their mind allows the player to edit the position of Juni on a screen to be able to teleport her thereafter ? 
Especially when you have already gone through 16 pages of levels already x) .
I mean I tried the manipulation in another level and it did not work at all ! Still, I think your levels are the most creative ones I have seen in terms of unique gimmicks present in a few of them like the one I just mentioned. Again I'm sorry I can't recall the name of that level because I lost all the files ^^' .

I'll also mention (just as I mentioned to DonDoli minutes ago) that the level Something with snow which you streamed back in June was eventually completed as Endless Winter, which some mysterious person uploaded to the Level Archive last month (so I'm sure you'll eventually get to it).

Then I guess it is from that Nifforum person. I still have about 3 pages left, however I have taken a long break since november in playing KS (besides drakkan's levels everything else was done in 2018), so yeah I will go back to it eventually ^^.
Although the real question for me would actually be who (re ?)uploaded over 1 page of levels 9 months ago ?
Because in 1 day there was a massive level flood on the archive !

Thanks for providing the most comprehensive video record of custom Knytt Stories levels ever!

No problem, thank you for providing such unique gimmicks and designs in your levels again ! That depends on the language though.
I still have some more levels to do, perhaps in English if I see a few familiar names ^^ .

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 20:50:54 »
@plural: Did you come across the blurb for Hypnagogia at levels.egomassive.com, by any chance? (good or bad blurb?)

Speaking of egomassive, his profile indicates he hasn't logged in for nearly a year. Has he showed up elsewhere?

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 13:37:00 »
I mean I tried the manipulation in another level and it did not work at all ! Still, I think your levels are the most creative ones I have seen in terms of unique gimmicks present in a few of them like the one I just mentioned. Again I'm sorry I can't recall the name of that level because I lost all the files ^^' .

If executed in full, that keypress combo should work in any level! It was actually first revealed in LPChip's level 'The Explore Challenge'. And for the record, my level that also spoils the secret was 'Oh Man Go Time Gaiden: Gaiden'.

Also, I now suspect the mystery uploader is helvetzia, whose uploads to knyttlevels.com consist of levels previously only downloadable elsewhere.

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 01:38:45 »
I'm not sure if you are referring to the upload of Endless Winter or the gigantic batch of levels a few months ago, but neither are me. 
I assumed Endless Winter and the other egomassive levels were from egomassive himself since they appear to be updated versions; which might answer @scratskinner 's question. 
The huge level dump is a mystery, but a welcome gift.  I played some neat levels by Yohji and KG from there.

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 14:54:00 »
Oh then it seems that I had skipped "The Explore Challenge" by accident then, I'll try it when I can.

At least these levels should add a few dozen more hours to play KS ^^ .

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2019, 23:00:51 »
Note that in "The Explore Challenge", you have to find a secret area in order to get the cheat. I've hidden it very well, but there are clues hidden in plain sight. You may have played the level but simply missed the cheat.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 00:40:49 »
It doesn't seem to be the case though. I tried to look for it in my videos but I can't find anything, oh well more to play anyway ^^ .

Offline plural

• twice shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 00:34:02 »
@plural: Did you come across the blurb for Hypnagogia at levels.egomassive.com, by any chance? (good or bad blurb?)
I think that the blurb is very apt. I actually missed that when I looked at the site before, or it wasn't up then. I'm glad that I've moved beyond needing to put a swearing warning for my levels and will now instead need a graphic violence one.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2019, 20:58:40 »
Just want to say I'm really glad this thread exists! Somehow in my searching for Knytt Stories videos I've never come across Pigeon. Been missing out on a lot of good content. I've been watching videos on and off since this thread started and even though I haven't spoken French in over 10 years I still enjoy them, even though I can't understand everything.

Thanks, Pigeon!