Deathless Speedrun in under 6 minutes

• 5 Replies
Deathless Speedrun in under 6 minutes
« on: March 23, 2018, 10:56:51 »
So for the last several months I've been doing speedrun attempts of this game, and I finally got a run I'm happy with. There are no deaths, but I do sometimes hit Home at the beginning of a level to reset my momentuum. I also abuse a number of areas where you can get out of bounds.

Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDwZ9IXcZS0
Lurk more.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Deathless Speedrun in under 6 minutes
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 12:09:41 »
Amazing! :whoa: First time I've ever seen ModArchive to be honest. I've always believed it would be too hard for me. A deathless speed run of a game I expected to be pitiless and cruel is impressive.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 15:54:09 »
Holy shit! What kind of monster are you? I was only ever able to beat this game with hundreds of deaths.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 18:54:37 »
You were able to beat the game? :o xD
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 22:08:32 »
Yeah. I guess that's already an accomplishment in and of itself. Though watching that video reminded me of why I vowed to never play it again.

That said, it's still not too bad compared to Operator Status XH. I only made it halfway through that game before putting my playthrough on hold. It was so insane I once had to spend well over an hour just to get one @ in Nifflas Forest and make it back to the save area.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 22:47:41 »
Hah, yeah. OS:XH is easily the hardest game, hands down. Though, if you stand a fighting chance against OS:XH I think #MAS shouldn't be too bad. You just have to get used to the slow acceleration and the awkward boss patterns (looking at you DFast and Doragon >().
Lurk more.