Forum Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2018, 20:00:08 | See new unread posts
Home Help Search Arcade Chat Login Register

nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Released Games  |  #ModArchive Story  |  Topic: Deathless Speedrun in under 6 minutes « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Deathless Speedrun in under 6 minutes  (Read 1211 times)
Purple Pineapple

Total My honestly gotten stars: 16

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2018, 10:56:51 »

So for the last several months I've been doing speedrun attempts of this game, and I finally got a run I'm happy with. There are no deaths, but I do sometimes hit Home at the beginning of a level to reset my momentuum. I also abuse a number of areas where you can get out of bounds.

Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDwZ9IXcZS0

Lurk more.
egomassive

Total My honestly gotten stars: 232

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 12:09:41 »

Amazing! :whoa: First time I've ever seen ModArchive to be honest. I've always believed it would be too hard for me. A deathless speed run of a game I expected to be pitiless and cruel is impressive.
kilicool64

Total My honestly gotten stars: 12

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 15:54:09 »

Holy shit! What kind of monster are you? I was only ever able to beat this game with hundreds of deaths.
LPChip
You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
Administrator

Total My honestly gotten stars: 120

Excel at the thing you're the best at!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 18:54:37 »

You were able to beat the game? :o xD

If this post was helpful to you, please consider giving it a shorter hidden star code by pressing the on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex
kilicool64

Total My honestly gotten stars: 12

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 22:08:32 »

Yeah. I guess that's already an accomplishment in and of itself. Though watching that video reminded me of why I vowed to never play it again.

That said, it's still not too bad compared to Operator Status XH. I only made it halfway through that game before putting my playthrough on hold. It was so insane I once had to spend well over an hour just to get one @ in Nifflas Forest and make it back to the save area.
Purple Pineapple

Total My honestly gotten stars: 16

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 22:47:41 »

Hah, yeah. OS:XH is easily the hardest game, hands down. Though, if you stand a fighting chance against OS:XH I think #MAS shouldn't be too bad. You just have to get used to the slow acceleration and the awkward boss patterns (looking at you DFast and Doragon >().

Lurk more.
Pages: [1] Print 
nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Released Games  |  #ModArchive Story  |  Topic: Deathless Speedrun in under 6 minutes « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length