[mod] Knytt Stories Simul

• 4 Replies
[mod] Knytt Stories Simul
« on: October 14, 2017, 04:00:05 »
Have you ever wanted to play Knytt Stories, but couldn't decide between your favorite levels?
Do you find that focusing on one game at a time is too easy?
Are you disappointed at the lack of stupid KS mods?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this is the mod for you! Now you can play two Knytt Stories levels at the same time. Simply drop the exe file into your Knytt Stories folder and you're done.

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddfj1l6plc1cmbw/Knytt%20Stories%20Simul.exe
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 09:00:45 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
Re: [mod] Knytt Stories Simul
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 05:13:36 »
Can you get egomassive in on this for KS+ Simul? Because this is equally awesome as it is stupid.  :hiddenstar:

EDIT: I think I found a bug. After you finish a shift-induced cutscene on a level, the level will end and your focus will be switched to the other level.

EDIT 2: The top screen loads the slightest bit faster than the lower screen after you die, which can cause some desynchronization even when you're playing two levels at once.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 05:31:59 by canteven »

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 09:02:10 »
I refactored the code, which should hopefully have fixed the cutscene bug. There's not much I can do about the desync. Sometimes you can even desync just due to the slight randomness present in the Platform Movement Object.
Lurk more.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 06:30:23 »
Things get really weird after you beat one level, but not the other!

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 07:50:41 »
To be honest, I wasn't sure what it should do in that scenario. I also completely stripped the Main Menu out of the game, so it doesn't really have anywhere to go.
Lurk more.