[Environmental] Bergsteigung

• 17 Replies

Offline Teper

• View Profile
[Environmental] Bergsteigung
« on: April 26, 2009, 04:20:39 »
This is a very short level with no goal which I posted on the old forum as a level example for a tileset. It's a mountain environment level, with day view and night view. Just a mountain walk.

http://www.knyttlevels.com/levels/Teper%20-%20Bergsteigung.knytt.bin

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 05:54:07 by Teper »

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: [Environmental] Bergsteigung
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 05:24:25 »
The cows looked cute  :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:27:14 by Evil »

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 05:30:39 »
very nice level  ;) nice tilesets  :)

in even shorter words - very nice test level

Offline lamarblake

• ICU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 05:38:24 »
Wow. Beautiful. I think, a very unique new look. Reminds me of the Swiss Alps or Germany. What old forum? I can't recall ever seeing this before. I just wish you'd do more with it. I was only disappointed with it's shortness. Well done sir. High honors for the artistic endeavor. This is what I like best about knytt stories. Just when you think you've seen it all someone else comes up with something different.

Offline Teper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 05:47:24 »
Thanks a lot guys. This was posted just a week or so before the forum crashed in the public tileset board. And yes, this is inspired by swiss alps where I took holidays two year ago. It was supposed to be longer, but I more or less abandonned   the project.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:58:02 by Teper »

Offline Vinterrun

• Schniggedi Schnapp die Daumen sind ab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 14:58:37 »
That`s wonderful, thank you for this!
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Offline farik

• let's make some $
    • View Profile

Offline adnrew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 17:40:50 »
Quite nice to look at. :]

The only flaw I see is that I cannot tip these cows in the night time.

Offline lamarblake

• ICU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 20:19:48 »
Thanks a lot guys. This was posted just a week or so before the forum crashed in the public tileset board. And yes, this is inspired by swiss alps where I took holidays two year ago. It was supposed to be longer, but I more or less abandonned   the project.

What would it take to "unabandon" the project? I really think this project is deserving a larger treatment. Is it the time involved making it that keeps you away?

Offline Teper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 00:00:20 »

What would it take to "unabandon" the project? I really think this project is deserving a larger treatment. Is it the time involved making it that keeps you away?
Time was the first reason, but I still have some ideas if I decide to expand this sometime  :)

Offline utherdoul

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 15:06:11 »
It's beautiful!

Offline Teper

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 01:52:38 »
Due to all your positive comments, especially Lamarblake's, I've decided to continue this project  :)
I've worked on another tileset this afternoon, plus a couple of custom objects. I've also imagined a story plot.

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 03:27:06 »
very, very good (although kind of incomplete) level. both the night and day views were terrific.
could i recommend either making a visible wall of some sort or looping it though? the invisible wall kinda ended it abruptly.
but the rest was incredible  :^^:

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 22:48:37 »
This level is AMAZING, one of the most beautiful levels I've ever played! :nuts:
Still, I have a few criticisms. Some of the solid boulders seemed like they should be in the background, and it was annoying to have to jump over them. But my biggest complaint would be that you can't enter the houses.
they're so pretty on the outside, and I love indoor areas in KS.
But overall, This is fantastic and I'm so glad It's getting expanded! <3

Check out my tilesets!

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 22:55:16 »
A wonderful little test level. For some reason I really liked the tiny waterfall, those rocky things kind of gave it some extra spark. My only complaint is that it was inconsistent, i.e. one of the houses was solid (the roof etc.) and the other.. not? Anyway, looking forward for the expanded version! :)