• Dang, I get my shirt stretched out.
    • View Profile
Re: [An Enviromental Horror] An Empty Corridor
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2011, 05:47:01 »
Uh, ever gonna make Parasite Trilogy 2?
Ah, look at all the lonely people.

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2011, 07:04:02 »
Firstly i will answer SingerSurger's question.
Umm i was going to but then i realized the tile set i wanted to use didn't quite...well     exist.
I could've sworn it existed, but it didn't  XD . And the fact that i planned the second part ALL (storyline and level design) on that tile set existing well ... it ended in failure.

@yohji
I would love to release this as a large level, but it can't be done. (Not because of the size or difficulty) it's just me.
Liked today i remembered that i'm was suppose to release Empty Corridor: Day 1 quite a while ago.  X-P
I'm just not as into Knytt Stories as i was at the beginning (i still love it for what it is, but i'm not as passionate.)
So because of my laziness it can't be done, that's why i decided to release them as "Chapters" in small bite/byte sized levels (no pun intended?)
Sure the first chapter is no more than roughly 25 screens. But as each day passes the Corridor changes and grows in size allowing you access further into the corridor.

Although once i finish this i still want to create levels but no more than 40 screens. Probably they would be made within two to three days . Such as Recurtis and Grim and Parasite - minus the trilogy.

EDIT
*I realized that instead of releasing three small levels i can combine them into a big level, NOW don't go "oh no here we go again" what i will do is set up a bed where it sets you forward to the next day [anyone getting a Zelda Majora's Mask vibe? third day - twenty four hours remaining]. Now this isn't that hard just involves a lot of copying and pasting from my old empty corridor level, so i reckon i can accomplish this, worth a shot at least*
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:25:12 by Strange Darkness »

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2011, 13:25:54 »
I Apologize for the double post but i can't modify/edit big post i make :(
anyway i thought i would put up a screen of the rooms, to actually show progression.
The blue is the rooms that are made, the purple are where i want the next rooms (i gotta paste them in from the other versions of empty corridor and an abandoned level called Fallout)
and the 1, 2 and 3 is the day number, so No:1 is Day 1 and etc.

Sooo yeah the final is not as big as ya think ( i didn't have THAT much and i deleted alot of crap rooms i made)
well beta testers, hopefully soon you'll actually ... well test something  X-P
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 13:30:11 by Strange Darkness »

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2011, 13:53:34 »
So it sounds like the corridor shifts each day as a part of the plot of the game, right?  Kind of a silent hill "there use to be a hole here" type of thing.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2012, 23:26:12 »
Still think you should finish this, or just release the unfinished parts.  The beta test looked fantastic.