[An Enviromental Horror] An Empty Corridor

• 80 Replies

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: [An Enviromental Horror] An Empty Corridor
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2010, 23:20:26 »
For some reason that third screen really messes with my eyes. I can barely make out what's solid and what isn't.
(The pipes look like they are tunnels, and the gray area looks like it's a wall.)
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2010, 17:01:47 »
I can't wait for this to be done! I've been waiting for some screenies to show my happiness, and now I can express it!
Many a hand has scaled the grand old face of the plateau,
Some belong to strangers and some to folks you know,
Holy ghosts and talk show hosts are planted in the sand,
To beautify the foothills and shake the many hands.
-The Meat Puppets

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2010, 15:35:54 »
So, thanks to your comment on my Dream Stones thread, I was like "hmmm... must check out Strange Darkness's levels!"  I like your beta, and fully concur with the diaries idea.  I was thinking the same thing while I played.  Other thoughts:

• In the sewers, I'm not sure the purple fits well with the green and white, but the red "water" (?) is amazingly creepy.  What is more, it is extra kreepy because the source is blocked off.  Where does that stuff come from?  Yikes, what is down there???  You might keep it blocked off.  :)
  • the alt universe is a real non sequiter.  It just doesn't feel right to me.  Your "one of the others.png screen shot seems much more like a perfect alternate universe.
  • the elevator shaft looks really cool, but is very confusing.  I couldn't figure out where I was stepping out from or into.
  • The white plants, curly trees, etc, REEEEAAALLLYYY COOOL!  I think they fit the ambiene perfectly.  In fact, IMnot soHO, it would be fantastic to have those white growths almost everywhere, as the ambient presence of some strange growth that only exists in this abandoned world.
  • And somewhat related, it is strange to me to find myself outside in a level dedicated to an Empty Corridor.  Perhaps it is just because at this point in the stage there is more outside the empty Corridor than in it.  Maybe break up the outside areas into smaller places each of which are accessible only through the corridor?

Ok, I went over the top with suggestions.  Gomen nasai.  Keep up the good work.

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2010, 16:03:20 »
  • In the sewers, I'm not sure the purple fits well with the green and white, but the red "water" (?) is amazingly creepy.  What is more, it is extra kreepy because the source is blocked off.  Where does that stuff come from?  Yikes, what is down there???  You might keep it blocked off.  :)
Ever used a toilet, my friend?  XD
Just kidding. The red water is probably, well, water, but gained that rusty reddish-brown color because of rust in the pipes.

• And somewhat related, it is strange to me to find myself outside in a level dedicated to an Empty Corridor.  Perhaps it is just because at this point in the stage there is more outside the empty Corridor than in it.  Maybe break up the outside areas into smaller places each of which are accessible only through the corridor?

Oooh, like courtyards and gardens and stuff? And maybe greenhouses (or conservatories, whatever) and things like that?

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2010, 01:31:32 »
Just played through the demo. I really like it! Good atmosphere, and some *really* nice screens in the outside scenes.

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2010, 11:13:44 »
Well the beta that you have played has well... advanced.
Don't worry those screens that you like are there but all the text has been changed as well as the storyline.
Also i making the corridors bigger than original thought.

@ Headgrinder
Ummm i noticed too that there is more stuff outside then inside the Empty Corridors. I have thought about using the corridor to get to outside places. (in the newer version done this some places.) But in the new version there is more corridor than the areas outside.
anyway i gonna stop ramberling.

Heres a question i need two more betatesters as i have lost dib and Bood_War has not answered for a while.
Im getting to the point where i need my testers to start well testing  XD

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2010, 13:00:55 »
I already mentioned I want in if any are out, so ME ME ME I WANNA TEST!  :D

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2010, 14:30:05 »
If you need another tester, I'd love to test. I loved the beta, and all your other levels I played  C)p

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2010, 13:29:47 »
@Yukabacera  & yohji

Your both in!
(yohji loved pestillence  C)p to create a level of chaos but yet have some order to it , would be rather difficult.. kudos :awsum: )

@ Headgrinder

Your in too!

Now to answer your question
believe or not i have two different versions of An Empty Corridor on two different computers.
The reason why is because i was expanding the areas outside of the empty corridor on my compter, then it crashed so now our computer guy is fixing it up
(dont worry all information has been recovered.)
I then had an older version of an empty corridor on my laptop and i felt i needed to keep working on it. But i did so much on the other version.
So i decided that i will just focus on fixing up cutscenes/endings/text and expanding and finishing the actual corridor. (by that i mean the empty corridors themselves)

The corridors themselves take up roughly 100 (give or take 10)  screens not including thier alternate areas
if i had to estimate how many screens the whole level is i would say roughly 300 screens (give or take 20)

EDIT: [20/08/2011] ^ ahhhh back in the day when i had the original empty corridor file .... those where the days ;)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 15:15:42 by Strange Darkness »

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 23:41:29 »
@Yukabacera  & yohji

Your both in!
(yohji loved pestillence  C)p to create a level of chaos but yet have some order to it , would be rather difficult.. kudos :awsum: )

Thanks for the compliments! It's been a long time since I last got someone's opinion on Pestilence...  <_<

So, um, will you send us the beta via PM once it's completed?

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2010, 10:05:47 »
Just letting people know, don't listen to me. I'm full of lies and false hope.
I don't know when this level will be finished or realesed.
I just don't know, nor do i know a predicted date.
My main aim is to finish it by the end of the year. But that could be a lie in itself.
There is progression but its very slow. My ideas are constantly changing. Always re-doing areas.
Also Headgrinder was a nice wake up call for the original reason i created this level. Thank you.
that is all. I guess. -_-"

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2010, 00:30:11 »
Just do what you can man, and keep working when you can.  Look forward to hearing about any updates you might have.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2010, 19:49:06 »
Just letting people know, don't listen to me. I'm full of lies and false hope.
I don't know when this level will be finished or realesed.
I just don't know, nor do i know a predicted date.
My main aim is to finish it by the end of the year. But that could be a lie in itself.
There is progression but its very slow. My ideas are constantly changing. Always re-doing areas.
Also Headgrinder was a nice wake up call for the original reason i created this level. Thank you.
that is all. I guess. -_-"

Hey, don't worry. It'd be great to see this level completed no matter when it is completed. Just as long as we know you're working on it :) Keep it up!

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2010, 15:43:51 »
How are things going?

If you need further input, or just want to bounce ideas off of someone, let me know.