[An Enviromental Horror] An Empty Corridor

• 80 Replies
[An Enviromental Horror] An Empty Corridor
« on: April 26, 2009, 02:29:10 »
This article has been updated on the 13/08/2011

Yeah time for me to change this layout agian!

Well i finally got back to the roots! Im going to be honest, i had no idea where the hell i was going with this level till, like a month ago. I was just blindly creating a level with a plot that i was trying to make up on the spot. Well i took a break and thought deeply if there could actually be a story associated with my level. Then BAM! i sat down and ploted my plot out. There is now an actual plot with my level.

Plot:
Times change, people die, people are born and the world spins round. But sometimes there are events that are horrible and cause chaos, pain and dispair.
A brotherhood arises, the corruption spreads and it must be cleansed. This event had such an impact on humanity, that angels commit suicide and time itself is distorted.

You are a knytt, your name is not important. You awake in a unfamiliar world, the name of this place is irrelevent. You have no weapons, no memories and no faith. You are in an empty world, no one is there for you to lean on. What you do is up to you, sadly what happends to you is not your choice. Welcome to The Corridor. Enjoy your stay.

The Concept:The concept is that you are stuck in various corridors and the only way out into the outside world or the lower floors are through television sets. They work as a ... gates or portals. They offer you into the darker and alternate realms of the corridors and other areas. There will be three endings all of them ... quite different....

Beta Testers
They go as following:
Emraldfire7
Yukabacera
Yohji
Headgrinder

New screens below!
A bit of trivia screen1 is from my abandoned level "Fallout Shelter" i looked back on it and i thought i could merge some of it into the deeper areas of The Corridors.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 13:26:26 by Strange Darkness »

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: [Enviromental/exploration] An Empty Corridor
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 02:45:12 »
ooh.. I cant wait  <3

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 03:30:49 »
looks nice. the color scheme in the hallway reminds me of Mirror's Edge a bit.

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 05:21:25 »
looks nice. the color scheme in the hallway reminds me of Mirror's Edge a bit.
If someone could make a Knytt Edge that would be cool  :crazy:
but i dont think anyone would  :/

also thanks for the comments  :D

Offline Teper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 05:29:08 »
The screens are good looking. Also, if you can make an "abandoned feeling", that would be great. It's quite hard to make one resent  with KS. I believe music is a major contribution for feeling making.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:30:45 by Teper »

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 05:33:54 »
The screens are good looking. Also, if you can make an "abandoned feeling", that would be great. It's quite hard to make one resent  with KS. I believe music is a major contribution for feeling making.

Yes that is the main part but i found out how to use "lack of music" imagine walking through the corridors with nothing but your footsteps and something playing quietly in the background. But that of course is one of my tests so if that doesnt work,,,, well i'll think of something else  :)

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 07:27:51 »

Yes that is the main part but i found out how to use "lack of music" imagine walking through the corridors with nothing but your footsteps and something playing quietly in the background. But that of course is one of my tests so if that doesnt work,,,, well i'll think of something else  :)

I agree. I think a lack of music would give more of an abandoned feeling. Or maybe something with a lot of static. or just ambient noise.

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 09:01:52 »

I agree. I think a lack of music would give more of an abandoned feeling. Or maybe something with a lot of static. or just ambient noise.
BINGO!
static (hehe your name  XD)
just imaging walking down a corridor and you hear quite static in the background then it goes away the 8 minutes later it comes back.... thanks for that idea :)

(brings up memorys of Silent Hill *shudders*)

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 13:24:16 »
BINGO!
just imaging walking down a corridor and you hear quite static in the background then it goes away the 8 minutes later it comes back.... thanks for that idea :)

Better than static! Look up how to make crackling noises, like on a really really old record.
I can do this for you; if you want me to, I can do something to this effect. :3
grao!

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 00:28:43 »
BINGO!

Better than static! Look up how to make crackling noises, like on a really really old record.
I can do this for you; if you want me to, I can do something to this effect. :3
would you....could you..?
because that would be great! (i'll PM you)

Offline Bood_War

• Obediance or Oblivion. That is why we fight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 00:31:42 »
Yay! I remember this! Really liked the beta, can't wait til it's out!
Shut UP voices or I'll stick my bubble gum to you!

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 00:40:48 »
Yay! I remember this! Really liked the beta, can't wait til it's out!
I guess it really wasnt much of a beta but a preview  :)
glad you liked it!
might realse another small preview sometime  :shifty: (when things have been fixed up)

well guess gotta get back to working on this *crab walks away*

Offline Razor

• !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 10:44:28 »
Good your level is good  8D

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 11:04:54 »
Good your level is good  8D
Thanks (although its a preview not level  :))

also an update:
there will be T.V's which emmit a crackling or static noise and you will be able to use these t.vs to enter the alternate corridor or place  :shifty:

yeah nothing much  XD
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:26:47 by Strange Darkness »

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 22:11:46 »
Nifflas' tilesets can be modified as long as you credit him as the original artist.
For the others, I believe you'll have to ask the original artists.
grao!