Testing levels in the editor doesn't seem to work

• 3 Replies

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
Testing levels in the editor doesn't seem to work
« on: May 27, 2017, 21:40:06 »
On any level, I can click "Test", and the editor will ask me if I want to save (Yes, No, or Cancel), but no matter what I click, nothing happens, and I always have to manually load up the world and get to that level by myself.

I already set the game path, I'm pretty sure. I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nifflas\FiNCK and selected FiNCK.exe

There must be someone out of the 35-ish active users on these forums who knows how to fix this.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Testing levels in the editor doesn't seem to work
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 12:20:29 »
I don't have the game to test, but just in case: do you have any antivirus or similar software which could be preventing the editor from launching the game?
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline SilasMann

• A Real Horse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 17:18:39 »
I've had a similar issue before caused by the directory being in Program Files. Moving all of the game files to the Desktop worked for me. Maybe try that? Don't forget the serial on the game page.

This user appeared to have a similar problem. Maybe try that solution?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 18:35:41 by SilasMann »

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 02:32:27 »
I've had a similar issue before caused by the directory being in Program Files. Moving all of the game files to the Desktop worked for me. Maybe try that? Don't forget the serial on the game page.

This user appeared to have a similar problem. Maybe try that solution?
This worked! Being in Program Files seemed to prevent it from creating Editor.ini, and thus saving the game path I set. Plus, I can actually edit Game.ini now. Thank you.