does anyone still have that level where the only music was an ievan polkka remix

• 21 Replies
- it was built around going back and forth across a horizontal line of rooms; no vertical room changes. You'd go to the right, then reach the "end" and get a powerup, and a shift would "replace" all the rooms with copies that had more enemies (but mostly identical layouts and visuals); then you had to go all the way to the left to get the next powerup, then right again, etc. until the end.
Sounds like Knyzarro, by Zaratustra.  It's in the archive!

The music is Darude's "classic" dance track "Sandstorm", though.  Maybe the song you're thinking of was in an earlier (or later) version.

Sounds terrible!
Nah, it's fun and has some hilarious moments.  There's a particular segment involving the sun that cracks me up every time I play.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 19:06:00 by StellarJetman »

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
...Yep, that's the level all right. I'll see if I can track down the old version. I have a save file for it from April 3, 2009.

Worst-case scenario, you can just track down the remix itself and replace the OGG file.

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
Here's a link to a 2017 Reconstruction of Knyzarro

Yeah I just added the ievan polkka remix to it... But it's from ~2008 so it's accurate I guess...

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
I appreciate the effort, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the remix Zaratustra used...

Dug out my old hard disk, and it looks like I deleted the level at some point, so it's lost to the sandstorms of time, as it were. Due to my own actions, no less.

I could do some forensics, but the important question was "does anyone still have it", and that question's been answered, so no need to do anything more. Thanks! Time to disappear for another 5 years.

hey, I will try to look around in my backups

I honestly can't remember why I changed the music but I can't remember why I had the other music in there either so