Challenge [Hard] (Spoilers): Vault ending using 2 doors

• 5 Replies

Offline Pie_Sniper

• View Profile
Challenge [Hard] (Spoilers): Vault ending using 2 doors
« on: March 25, 2017, 07:09:20 »
Can you get the Vault ending by only unlocking two doors (period) and without entering the village? Obviously no cheat code or developer mode allowed. Every locked door you open counts, including the O door.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 03:19:25 by Pie_Sniper »

Online kilicool64

• View Profile
Challenge [Hard] (Spoilers): The Village is Lava
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 16:22:40 »

My solution was the same as yours. I'd like to present my own challenge, however! Can you get the Vault ending by only unlocking two doors (period) and without entering the village? (Obviously no cheat code or developer mode allowed.)
It might be best to make a separate thread for that to avoid making things too cluttered.

I'll give your challenge a shot later, but I'm currently doing the finishing touches on one of my own. I think I already have a vague idea of what I'll have to do for yours though.

BTW, games here normally get a sub-forum for challenges. Could a mod create one for Uurnog and move this topic there?

Online kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 23:37:39 »

My solution was the same as yours. I'd like to present my own challenge, however! Can you get the Vault ending by only unlocking two doors (period) and without entering the village? (Obviously no cheat code or developer mode allowed.)

Just did it. Holy crap, was that an unconventional way to beat the game. Bit monotonous to execute though. Pretty sure this is the only possible solution, ignoring slight variations:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline Pie_Sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 20:49:13 »
It might be best to make a separate thread for that to avoid making things too cluttered.
That's fair. I guess I was looking at it as a variation of this challenge, but you're probably right.

Online kilicool64

• View Profile
Re: Challenge [Hard] (Spoilers): Vault ending using 2 doors
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 20:31:06 »
Thanks to LPChip for splitting these posts into a separate topic as I suggested.

Anyway, did I find the intended solution to your challenge?

Offline Pie_Sniper

• View Profile
Re: Challenge [Hard] (Spoilers): Vault ending using 2 doors
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 03:57:17 »
Your solution is actually different from mine. One of the great things about Uurnog is the number of approaches you can take to each problem, even a really restrictive challenge like this one.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)