How to get the game

• 10 Replies

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
How to get the game
« on: February 26, 2017, 13:44:15 »
Just in case someone didn't hear the news, it seems that at first, this game will only be available to people who subscribed to Humble Monthly before March 3. Pretty sure you can unsubscribe after that though, so this will only cost $12.

Nifflas is being vague about other ways to get the game, but he indicated that it won't be released elsewhere for a while.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: How to get the game
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 07:04:37 »
I think if 2 people subscribe [for the first time] via this link, I'll be able to get it for 79 cents, so feel free to do that if you don't outright dislike me! I believe it doesn't affect the amount given to the game developers, either!

Edit: Look like this actually gives credit that can only be used in the Humble Store and not for Humble Monthly or Humble Bundles. :( Sorry to have misled y'all, and huge thanks anyway to whoever did it! You can find your own referral code here.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:54:40 by sergiocornaga »

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 07:15:53 »
I'm a little bit miffed about the method of distribution since I'd sworn off Humble Monthly until I could cull my backlog (and I'd rather just give Nifflas all the money than have it divvied up amongst Nifflas and devs whose games I don't care about), but I can understand Nifflas wanting to have a game release to a wider audience.

I think if 2 people subscribe via this link, I'll be able to get it for 79 cents, so feel free to do that if you don't outright dislike me! I believe it doesn't affect the amount given to the game developers, either!
Cheers!
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 07:49:21 »
I'm a little bit miffed about the method of distribution since I'd sworn off Humble Monthly until I could cull my backlog (and I'd rather just give Nifflas all the money than have it divvied up amongst Nifflas and devs whose games I don't care about), but I can understand Nifflas wanting to have a game release to a wider audience.

I'm actually in a similar position and would probably rather get the game on its own, but can begrudgingly accept things the way they are. Nifflas has strongly implied that the game will be available on its own somehow at a later date.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 20:14:57 »
I ordered the Humble Bundle monthly JUST NOW hoping to get this in the nick of time!

I think if 2 people subscribe [for the first time] via this link, I'll be able to get it for 79 cents, so feel free to do that if you don't outright dislike me! I believe it doesn't affect the amount given to the game developers, either!

Edit: Look like this actually gives credit that can only be used in the Humble Store and not for Humble Monthly or Humble Bundles. :( Sorry to have misled y'all, and huge thanks anyway to whoever did it! You can find your own referral code here.

Well, might as well help you out... cheers.

EDIT: And, crap, I'm too late. This only got me April's.  :sigh:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 20:22:24 by pfrangip »

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 23:11:26 »
Surprisingly enough, the game is now available for purchase at the Humble Store. While this is of course great news for anyone who missed out on March's Humble Monthly, I have no idea why Nifflas decided to keep it a secret until now.

Given how vague he'd been about this before release, and the fact that past Humble Originals have apparently always been available exclusively through Humble Monthly at first, I assumed it was going to take a while before the game would become available for purchase directly.

In fact, I think I recall Nifflas claiming that as well, but I can't say for sure because I haven't been able to find the tweet in question again. Either he deleted it, or I'm mistaken about this.

This is pretty annoying for me because it means I ended up paying about $4 more just to get a bunch of additional titles I have no interest in.

I hate to say it, but Nifflas has got some explaining to do.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 23:13:11 by kilicool64 »

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 02:44:07 »
Surprisingly enough, the game is now available for purchase at the Humble Store. While this is of course great news for anyone who missed out on March's Humble Monthly, I have no idea why Nifflas decided to keep it a secret until now.

Given how vague he'd been about this before release, and the fact that past Humble Originals have apparently always been available exclusively through Humble Monthly at first, I assumed it was going to take a while before the game would become available for purchase directly.

In fact, I think I recall Nifflas claiming that as well, but I can't say for sure because I haven't been able to find the tweet in question again. Either he deleted it, or I'm mistaken about this.

This is pretty annoying for me because it means I ended up paying about $4 more just to get a bunch of additional titles I have no interest in.

I hate to say it, but Nifflas has got some explaining to do.

It's possible he didn't know/understand. Or he was legally obligated to keep his mouth shut.

Either way, we got The Witness for super cheap and 10% off Uurnog.  X-P

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 10:38:10 »
I'm... actually slightly upset about this. I'm not interested in literally every other game that was in the March bundle (holler if you want one of the included games), and I'm assuming that if I'd bought Uurnog on its own Nifflas & Co. would get a larger cut. Oh well, what's done is done.

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 19:37:23 »
Honestly, having bought and loved RIVE when it first came out, I'd recommend giving it a try.  And Morphblade is more interesting than it looks, honest.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 20:06:57 »
I have no interest in playing RIVE because its developers decided to give owners of the PC version the middle finger by announcing that the upcoming Switch version will feature exclusive content.

Offline EhPlus

• phoomp
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 04:18:47 »
I'm... actually slightly upset about this. I'm not interested in literally every other game that was in the March bundle (holler if you want one of the included games), and I'm assuming that if I'd bought Uurnog on its own Nifflas & Co. would get a larger cut. Oh well, what's done is done.
That's why I bought it straight from the source: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/uurnog