I'm Getting a Strong FiNCK Vibe

• 12 Replies

Offline Matthias720

• Chex Quest Forever!
    • View Profile
I'm Getting a Strong FiNCK Vibe
« on: February 23, 2017, 02:35:54 »
I'm not the only one, right? The trailers remind me so much of FiNCK with a different skin. The square-ish level parts, the bombs that count down, and picking up creatures to get their abilities. It's FiNCK all the way down.
I use Whaleware.  How about you? :D

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Getting a Strong FiNCK Vibe
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 07:28:40 »
From what I heard on irc, it seems it is more like it than one thinks. Still, looks like it will be a fun game. Especially that music debug thing.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 16:11:54 »
This definitely plays a bit like FiNCK does, but in other ways it doesn't. I guess it could work as a sequel?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 19:38:46 »
I'm curious about the Save Room features. Does it mean it's a Rogue-like with a single place where you can keep the stuff you find permanently? Interesting if so
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Matthias720

• Chex Quest Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 23:22:21 »
I'm just glad that it's coming out. 8)
I use Whaleware.  How about you? :D

Offline EhPlus

• phoomp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 05:11:19 »
Feels like it has been too long since his last release! Excited as always.  :D

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 11:25:50 »
I'm curious about the Save Room features. Does it mean it's a Rogue-like with a single place where you can keep the stuff you find permanently? Interesting if so

I guess that is accurate. The save room stores all items you have there in the save file, and if you die, everything but the save room is reset.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 01:29:21 »
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 14:54:31 »
I've been hesitant to give this game a chance because the trailer made it look a lot like FiNCK (which I didn't like much), but maybe it plays differently and it's just a wrong first impression. Would you guys recommend it to somebody who didn't like FiNCK, but enjoyed Saira and the Knytt series?
Some KS levels by me:

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 18:32:42 »
I've been hesitant to give this game a chance because the trailer made it look a lot like FiNCK (which I didn't like much), but maybe it plays differently and it's just a wrong first impression. Would you guys recommend it to somebody who didn't like FiNCK, but enjoyed Saira and the Knytt series?

I dont remember much of FiNCK, but I remember not liking it. I am enjoying Uurnog's gameplay and puzzles so far. However, there is no story and no world building to speak of. (Things I enjoyed about Saira, Knytt Underground, KS.)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 13:44:01 »

Yes, but only because I was in the same position and wound up still enjoying it. Watching some gameplay footage on YouTube was what tided me over. Since playing the undeniably-FiNCKy Uurnog, I've revisited FiNCK and I'm able to appreciate it slightly more.

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 20:22:51 »
For what it's worth, I didn't enjoy FiNCK very much when I first played it, but I enjoyed it a lot when I came back to it a few years later.  Uurnog's structure and focus between puzzles and platforming is a lot different than FiNCK's, too (with Uurnog's areas feeling a bit more explore-y), and that might make the difference for you.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 14:46:45 »
Hmmm... I'll probably give it a try then. I played way too many puzzle platformers back when FiNCK was released and became a bit tired of the genre, which may have been the reason I didn't find it very enjoyable. Maybe I'll even give FiNCK another chance if I like Uurnog.

Thanks for the input, everyone!
Some KS levels by me: