Coquelicot's Tea Party [Easy][Environmental/Misc.][Small][KS+]

• 5 Replies

Offline kharms

• View Profile
This is my first attempt at a level! I had this idea floating around in my head, and decided it was time to take a crack at the level editor.

Juni is forced to visit an old "friend," and things don't go as expected.

It's pretty small, and has two endings.

Download it

I would love feedback and if you reported any bugs, I had a lot of fun making this!

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: Coquelicot's Tea Party [Easy][Environmental/Misc.][Small][KS+]
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 20:46:28 »
Two bugs I noticed here.

1: You have a lot of areas set to play an ambi track 23, yet no such file exists in the level itself, did you put this track in the Data folder instead of your level's own internal folder?

2: The wall meant to block Juni's path at x1013y997 is incomplete, and leads to a void.

Other than that, I didn't notice anything severe. The level itself is interesting, though a bit dull to play. For the next one, I might suggest you make a more interactive landscape, if you know what I mean.

Still, not bad for a first attempt. Have a star.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 17:01:36 »
I'd call this a fine start. I believe that while you were designing the level you cared more about telling a short interesting story than creating a gameplay-focused experience?

As for the story - it was quite original and surprising. I don't really get what happened to the characters (or who are they), but ambiguity is something I like in storytelling. You could give us some more information to go on though  ;).

Also, I really enjoyed the cutscenes! They were very nicely done.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 22:12:27 »
Thanks for making the level,
    a
Kharms!
    a
    a
    a
    a

I enjoyed the story, and I was thoroughly impressed with the cutscenes! I wish we'd see drawn cutscenes more often.  8)

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 04:37:21 »
This was a great first level. A little bland perhaps with a somewhat confusing story but a good level nonetheless. Like the others, I really enjoyed the cutscenes. Good work!

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 16:15:18 »
A bit late to the party, but I concur with the general opinion. It was pretty good for a first level. Cute, surreal and somewhat creepy at times. The hand-drawn cutscenes are definitely one of its strong points. Hope to see more levels from you in the future! :)

Spoiler: Bugs (click to show/hide)
Some KS levels by me: