[Challenge/Scenic/Epic Length - KS+] Dragon Myth

• 97 Replies

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge/Scenic/Epic Length - KS+] Dragon Myth
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2016, 13:46:28 »
Don't be so sure; I have so many eyes, at least some of them must see in nth dimensions.

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2016, 15:54:00 »
Don't be so sure; I have so many eyes, at least some of them must see in nth dimensions.

Take a crack at it, then. What do you see?  :shifty:
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2016, 01:55:38 »
Well, I would say Fubaka, but I don't want to embarrass you by revealing the truth to everyone. :shifty:

Yup, it's been a looong time since I've posted any progress. I finished going through my testers' feedback a few months back and have made a lot of changes in response to their feedback. Challenges have been tweaked and areas have been prettified. Fubaka kindly helped me redecorate one of the most important areas of the game that had been made in 2010 and was looking rather dull. Thanks to his input, it's now looking great (only my testers will get the benefit of seeing the change but all the rest of you will see the improved version at any rate - I'd like to show off some before and after screenshots, but I don't have any 'before' screenshots :/).

Vegetal Gibber has also done me a great favour in adding much beauty to one of the tilesets I've made for this level. I can't begin to say how gorgeous his help has made the area in question look, and I think it'll take your breath away. I've added another music track to the game and added some more OCOs (and I want to design another knytt character to make a little subplot more prominent).

All in all, the level is rocking a great deal thanks to all my testers. I'm still waiting on a bit of assistance from someone and I want to completely remake the final area - it didn't have the atmosphere I wanted and I've had to go over the scripted parts of the area to make them make sense (basically I've resolved every scientific anomaly with the words 'but magic!'). I've written scripts and started building new screens for that today and hopefully I'll make some more progress over the rest of the weekend. Once it's done I'll be good and let it sit for a week or two before giving it a proper playthrough, before I even think of throwing it back to the testers for round two.

So back on track, for a while at least. Can't wait to release this.

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2016, 05:38:10 »
Glad to see you're still on track with this. I'm also curious to see how the final area will change.

In the meantime, if you are looking for some inspiration, we've had a rather large influx of new levels due to sergio's Knytt Swapsies event. Not to mention that Purple Ink finally released Advena. It's been a good week.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2016, 03:54:29 »
So back on track, for a while at least. Can't wait to release this.

Great to hear! Can't wait for the release either.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2016, 11:48:36 »
As of just a moment ago, I have built layers 2+ of every final area screen. I left off layers 0 and 1 as the backgrounds are all interconnected, so now I have to go back and do all that.

Then I have to C'n'P about three quarters of the screens into a different iteration of the area. Then I have to edit a few of the screens as they should be slightly different if'n'when Juni passes through them a second time, and make the IGCs that'll tell the story of the area.

Then I'mma let the final area sit a bit, maybe work on prettifying some other areas before I playtest it again in a week or two. Then beta-testing round two.

Nearly there!

Edit: Final area done. Gimme a week and hopefully this'll be back with my testers. Waiting on someone for some cutscene help though - that's the biggest obstacle remaining now.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 17:58:46 by Talps »

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2016, 00:01:35 »
To do list for this evening:

• Shower
  • Make packed lunch for work tomorrow
  • Send second beta out to testers
  • :crazy:

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2016, 23:37:43 »