[Puzzle][Challenge][HARD][KS+]Insomnia - Test this level here!!

• 5 Replies

Offline Lingon

• View Profile
    • My dA.
Hi,

I've been working on this one from time to time since a couple of years, had lots of fun just making it for my own enjoyment. Development has been dead for a good year or two, but it feels kinda wrong not sharing it to people who might like to play what is there, even if its not a "complete" level. So I just uploaded it to knyttlevels and thought I would encourage you to play it and then maybe write if it made you feel good playing it.

I think what I would like most is encouragement to keep working on this level...
My creative work with it took a halt because of some issues with creating objects in KS+. I don't know why, but suddenly any new object I created just wouldn't show in the level editor... it made no sense to keep working when I just recently started to enjoy making my own objects. If you have any ideas of why this might have happened please let me know!

The level is just made for fun, and it has some (hard) puzzles and challenges - but my main focus is always the visuals. I like to make hard platforming challenges, please tell me if its too hard jumps for you to make it...

I hope you can enjoy some of the screens. The level is almost entirely made of tilesets, objects and gradients I made myself. I have stolen music wherever I wanted with no regard to copyright - just out of sheer love of it and the games in which I first heard some of it. Hope that won't freak you out.

I did not dare post this in the Level Release subforum since its not a "proper" level until I tidy it up...

Oh, and of course all the content I have made is free for you to use(tilesets, objects & gradients). Remember that the music is not mine though.

[mod]Download link removed. Previews should not have a download link. If people can play it, then its finished, post it in the finished levels section.[/mod]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 21:47:40 by LPChip »

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
Re: [Puzzle][Challenge][HARD][KS+]Insomnia - Test this level here!!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 12:48:05 »
I did not dare post this in the Level Release subforum since its not a "proper" level until I tidy it up...

Well, you posted on the wrong subforum. No download links are allowed here. I don't know if the admins care enough to delete this thread or not, but I guess you should move this thread there and just update it when you release a new version.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 12:53:33 »
This is a nice looking level so far, great atmosphere, and pretty creative too. Climbing back out from the depths near the beginning was a pain but everything else was challenging without exceeding the hard difficulty.

As for Custom Objects not working in the editor. There's an option to show them or not in the menu. When you add a new object you need to toggle this option off and on to reload the image cache. And, make sure you have enough icons in the data files at ..\Knytt Stories\Data\Objects\Bank255 If there aren't 255 of them then you can just get the latest version of Level Editor Plus to fix that.

Offline zhynna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 15:26:42 »
1. Very slooow movement without run powerup;
2. Can't repair machine in the basement.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 03:57:33 »
1. Very slooow movement without run powerup;
2. Can't repair machine in the basement.
Spoiler: Hint (click to show/hide)

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 19:54:01 »
That was nice! Gave me some of the classic KS feels. The atmosphere is there.

Looking forward to the finished product! (but please give the player the run ability, disable it only in the places where the player needs to walk)