Vanished Knytt Levels

• 16 Replies

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
Re: Vanished Knytt Levels
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2020, 16:38:31 »
I should have notified you earlier, but together with J we fixed upload dates of most of the older levels on knyttlevels.com.
In the past there was a server move and the information of the original upload time was lost. It was very annoying for me to find a lot of the levels having the same upload date. While I was browsing archive.org to find out what level was the oldest, I got an idea that these snapshots could be also used to fix the upload dates.
Big thanks to J for helping me to bring this idea into realisation (he has done most of the work). During the process an another source - a list of levels from Charity with original download datetimes - was used to set the upload dates as close as possible.
Originally the changes were applied only on levels that were uploaded before that server move. However, last week I realised there was also a recent batch upload. Suprisingly, there (here in this thread) was also a list of "date modified" for these levels. So we decided also to change dates of these.
Hopefully it is all right. If you want to play some of these newly added old levels, just use search.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
Re: Vanished Knytt Levels
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2020, 15:21:09 »
Hello Comhon! Thanks for keeping up the maintenance on the level archive. I'm going back and looking at the upload dates for a lot of those older levels myself. Good stuff!