Forum Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2018, 20:20:29 | See new unread posts
Home Help Search Arcade Chat Login Register

nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Released Games  |  Knytt Stories  |  Topic: Vanished Knytt Levels « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vanished Knytt Levels  (Read 3406 times)
scratskinner

Total My honestly gotten stars: 2

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2016, 23:01:42 »

I trawled the Knytt level release board, looking for dead links to levels not already on knyttlevels.com (to the best of my knowledge). This is what I found:

Spoiler: list (click to show/hide)

Anyone happen to have any of these hanging around on their hard drive, and able to upload to knyttlevels?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 10:30:32 by scratskinner » Logged
pfrangip

Total My honestly gotten stars: 48

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 20:18:44 »

Huh, well I certainly don't have any of these. I would love to try some of them, though.

Also this doesn't account for every level, as wasn't there a board wipe at some point?

yohji

Total My honestly gotten stars: 18

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 03:54:05 »

On cursory glance, I have the following four:

Dandelion - Frozen Forest
Goog - Kill Kitler (some version)
LB - WaterWorld
Pick Yer Poison - Darkness

I've uploaded these to knyttlevels.com. Might find more later.
upd: Yeah, found a few more, uploading.

scratskinner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 22:05:10 »

Thanks yohji!

I'm starting to wonder whether I should have left some things off the list though, or given caveats. Whilst I certainly appreciate being able to snag Pink Juni, I was actually half expecting someone to show up and give a reminder why it was self-deleted about four years ago, instead. (I have a vague inkling it might have been copyright-related, but I'm not sure. Either way, I'd still like to know. Pokeknytt might also be a concern, if it uses more than just the concept.)

@pfrangip: I wasn't really trying to account for every level, just the post-2009 ones. (Unless you're talking about some other board wipe.) In addition to people being less likely to notice these newer levels going missing, there's also a better chance of their storage medium not having broken down around them quite yet. Plus, efforts to recover the pre-2009 levels have already been made, with some success. Speaking of which...

@LPChip (if you're reading this): I came across a couple topics in which you mentioned you'd made arrangements to get, and apparently had gotten EDIT: (and apparently I was mistaken on that bit), a treasure trove of levels off of googoojoob. Whatever became of that? (Also, whether a couple of these recovered levels need to be wiped)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 00:34:04 by scratskinner » Logged
LPChip
You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
Administrator

Total My honestly gotten stars: 120

Excel at the thing you're the best at!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 13:37:44 »

@Scratskinner: I read everything. ;) Unfortunately Googoogjoob vanished and never delivered the levels to me. So I don't have them.

If this post was helpful to you, please consider giving it a shorter hidden star code by pressing the on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex
egomassive

Total My honestly gotten stars: 232

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 14:21:21 »

Turns out I have two of these levels:

The World Below by shawnachu will be posted on levels.egomassive.com today. For a lost level it is pretty enjoyable.

K's World by K (28KB) is probably K's World by Kramsys. I added levels tags and a description to it before compressing. It is awful. I must have never played it before, because I would have surely deleted it if I had.
scratskinner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 03:10:47 »

Thanks!

Modified my post, added another star to your giant heap. Is there some reason you didn't upload to knyttlevels?

Edit: also, while I'm on this topic: someone'd PM'ed me a couple years back saying that the links to "A Hidden Esper Channel" and "Break Time" were working . I PM'ed back asking whether they'd actually successfully downloaded them (having been able to see them listed but not actually get them), also to upload to knyttlevels, but never got a reply. Can someone verify this?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 03:26:21 by scratskinner » Logged
egomassive

Total My honestly gotten stars: 232

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 11:40:26 »

Is there some reason you didn't upload to knyttlevels?
Um... No. It didn't occur to me that KnyttLevels would be a good place for them. I guess I'll go ahead and submit them there, and also stop hosting K's World myself.
helvetzia

Total My honestly gotten stars: 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 21:04:34 »

Does anybody know where I can find this level? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egVIOO3Stv8
There's no mention of a level called "Crazy Town" anywhere on the archive or the forums.  Maybe it's under another name?  The uploader's name doesn't ring any bells either.
It looks pretty fun to me.
sergiocornaga
Beta Tester

Total My honestly gotten stars: 129

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 12:42:56 »

The uploader's name doesn't ring any bells either.

cyntefyn... could this secretly be ncrecc!?
Miragent

Total My honestly gotten stars: 7

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 13:33:02 »

I would like to play these levels... please share the .bin or "Worlds" file if you happen to have any of these installed. Can you, please? Thank you very much!

"Boss Pack" - Razor
Cat -Isnoct
Cat 2 -Isnoct
Summer and winter -Dandelion
Nightly Symphony -Zetta
The Sunken Castle -Freddieboj
Spacial Thought Chapter 1 -radonschism
Soothing Pains: Solar Confliction -Lavishly Lazy
the icy mountens -rpg
Midnight Rainstorm -BeeZeroOne
Back to the basics -Lizzaroro
No Trespassing -Lizzaroro
Tom's bossrush -Lizzaroro
A nice day for a walk -Lizzaroro
CoCo -Declivever
Kezionay -SingingSurfer
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 14:55:06 by Miragent » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Released Games  |  Knytt Stories  |  Topic: Vanished Knytt Levels « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length