Help with a few missing secrets

• 6 Replies

Offline rh

• View Profile
Help with a few missing secrets
« on: August 03, 2014, 19:34:30 »
Hi,

I finally got around to continue playing KU, and have now almost completed it (with playing time distributed over almost a year).

I have all the achievements, and have found many other secrets, partly with help from online resources.

But there are still a few areas on KhanFusion's map that I have never been to.
I have marked and numbered them on the map: http://knyttstories.hoelzl.fr/missing.jpg

I guess you guys know exactly how to get there ;) so I would appreciate a few hints.

Thank you very much in advance!

rh

(I cannot 100% exclude that I may actually have seen one or two of the marked areas and forgotten. But this is definitely not the case for the vast majority of them.)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Help with a few missing secrets
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 22:15:28 »
1 and 2 are the ending when ringing all bells.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 08:40:04 »
Some further exploration of the menu area will reveal many of these secrets! 3 is the game demo, which isn't really a secret at all. Some are connected to neighbouring areas via hidden walls, so you can use the image to guide your exploration.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 18:28:46 »
Here are some more hints without giving it away in full:

4 is part of the debug world "Chowdren" which can be entered from a secret room in the main menu

5, 8, and 9 are reachable from the main menu

6 is the save station you encounter when walking the path below the infinite darkness to the hidden fairy city

7, but without the rightmost screen of your labeling, is part of The Interlude. The map tells you how to reach it

10 is reachable through a hidden path from (23,20) in chapter 3. The entry spot might be obvious, but getting there requires advanced bouncing skills

11 is reachable from one of the adjacent screens and is actually part of the world surrounding it

12, including the screen above which you labled as part of 7, is an Interlude secret

13 is an Interlude secret as well, reachable from one of the adjacent map screens

14 is reachable from the screen above through a secret passage in the right wall

15 is the only real secret of chapter 1. Getting there requires quick reaction after you've left the temple where you stole the 2 candlesticks
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 15:04:52 by PIGSgrame »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 22:18:05 »
Also, 15 can only be done once every game. You'll need to restart chapter 1 for it to see, and once you've done it and leave, you cannot go there anymore. There's nothing else than just have seen it. No reward so to speak.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline rh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 14:31:27 »
Thanks a lot guys! That already helps very much.

I am travelling a lot at the moment, so it is very hard to predict when I will have the time to try out your advice. I will get back here, once I do, with some progress reports.

Cheers,
rh

Offline rh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 12:21:41 »
Hi again, guys!

Now, almost two years later, my life has become much calmer, so I have finally found the time and energy to complete this game. I think I have now seen pretty much everything in the game; a massive undertaking. Thanks again for the help!

Now, on to the Infinitehype Update... Are there any resources anywhere about that? Maps? Achievement list? Checklists for secrets? I have not found anything online. Thanks a lot!

rh