Finished! Kind of. [Huge spoilers]

• 4 Replies
Finished! Kind of. [Huge spoilers]
« on: March 08, 2016, 07:37:37 »
Some thoughts and questions...

Not something that could (or should) change now, but I really think it should have been Prologue A, Prologue B and Story, rather than Chapter 1, 2 and 3.  The change is scope when starting chapter 3 really threw me off.

Loved the story.  Wasn't too keen on having Nicklas self-insert as part of the story but otherwise everything worked for me.  I typically let Cilia speak for me and I enjoyed the responses except for one thing...

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

I found every room, collected every coin / object (the only symbols left on the map are o, S and T), translated every pixie speech, finished the challenge rooms ("shape space"?) found the "other" map and found alpha and beta.  Any suggestions what I should try next?

Things I know I still have to do...
* Figure out the disorder well enough to do the shortcut challenge
* Check out the bonus levels (I've done a couple)
* Presumably gamma, delta, epsilon and zeta are out there somewhere and I just missed them

Finally some left overs.  Not sure if these mean I missed something or if they are supposed to remain open ended...

Do the puzzle piece collection and sun/moon stone collection have any purpose?
What are the two slots besides the map device for?
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

And, to close, great game :)  I would recommend to anyone, *but* I would recommend they play both WaDF and Knytt Stories first.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:40:13 by Zarigani »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Finished! Kind of. [Huge spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 16:44:32 »
Nifflas wanted to shock people by making a huge chapter 3, and using things as prologue A and B and Story would've spoiled that even before the game started.

So Nifflas succeeded well in throwing your senses off. :)

There are a few area's that are outside of the big map. If you have hidden paths leading OUTSIDE of the map, then you might've gotten everything. Do note, the hardest challenge of the game is in one of these areas.

Also, there are secrets to be found in the menu area.

on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 03:43:05 »
Do the puzzle piece collection and sun/moon stone collection have any purpose?
What are the two slots besides the map device for?

Yes! The puzzle pieces are necessary to unlock a secret item in the game. You'll have to go to a hidden, off-the-map room to find it. Also, the sun and moon stones are necessary to get the other secret item which unlocks the "true" ending. These two things will fill in the last two slots beside the map device. :)

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 06:06:42 »
So Nifflas succeeded well in throwing your senses off. :)

He did indeed.  I'm still not convinced that's actually a good thing but if that was his goal, he succeeded.

There are a few area's that are outside of the big map. If you have hidden paths leading OUTSIDE of the map, then you might've gotten everything. Do note, the hardest challenge of the game is in one of these areas.

OK, this is what I need to find by the sounds of it.  I found one challenge area at the bottom, slightly right of center, but that's the only one I've found so far.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 06:08:02 »
Yes! The puzzle pieces are necessary to unlock a secret item in the game. You'll have to go to a hidden, off-the-map room to find it. Also, the sun and moon stones are necessary to get the other secret item which unlocks the "true" ending. These two things will fill in the last two slots beside the map device. :)

Cool.  Thanks :)  Off for more secret path finding then...