some tracks are inspired by Nifflas.
https://soundcloud.com/d_w_s_h/sets/wind

Dmitry Shatilov, Yekaterinburg, Russia

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: [Album] Dwsh - Wind(2015)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 12:43:33 »
Good stuff! I must admit I greatly preferred the more ambient tracks. I can hear the Nifflas influence. Does Remember sample Meditation by Xerxes from Within a Deep Forest?

Offline Dwshz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 22:32:51 »
Thank you! I was making it a long time and it's really important for me. Yes, i found original .xm of this track and got samples of ambiance and whistling sound (although all tracks are recorded with ableton)

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 04:24:58 »
The beginning of the album, I feel, sounds a bit too much like Nifflas' work. However, you do make up for it in the middle with some solid melodies.

The heavy use of ambiance reminds me of my own work, which is ironic, since the last major release I advertised around here is also heavily inspired by Knytt Stories. I think you'd enjoy Deparct.

Shameless plug aside, I think you dun good. The only thing I would suggest for next time is to expand your instrumentation. Up to you, though.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything