[Hard?] [Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous] Teenhmifnoeafgil

• 120 Replies

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: [Hard?] [Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous] Teenhmifnoeafgil
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2012, 09:20:36 »
Yes, perhaps the ShiftsDelay value I used is too small. In world.ini in [KS Ex] section try ShiftsDelay=8 instead.
This doesn't make the level behave exactly like in 1.0.4 though, because Juni moves during these delays.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:41:14 by GrayFace »

Offline Marximillian

• I don't hate Swedes, what are you implying exactly
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2012, 22:32:48 »
Yes, perhaps the ShiftsDelay value I used is too small. In world.ini in [KS Ex] section try ShiftsDelay=8 instead.
This doesn't make the level behave exactly like in 1.0.4 though, because Juni moves during these delays.
I think it's cool that you can still almost-emulate the way the game used to be so slow. It lets you hear the sounds more completely than you normally would.
x

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2012, 02:27:45 »
So, does the value of 8 work right? I haven't played it with the old KS version.

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2012, 05:28:57 »
So, does the value of 8 work right? I haven't played it with the old KS version.
Oh sorry hi. I really don't understand how this new KS works exactly, so I don't know how to change the value and stuff.
But still, really, it doesn't need to be like the old version, I've since decided it's not necessary. Though I appreciate the effort.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2012, 17:07:14 »
Yes, I also thought that it was fine when sped-up, but slowed down it is still cooler.
I'll go with 6 then. I've noticed that this delay does break Gospel if you go away from shifts area too soon, but it continues when you return to the area, so shouldn't be a problem.
The link is the same: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5c7nkeu8ddql01j/KG%20-%20Teenhmifnoeafgil.knytt.bin?dl=1
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 06:02:19 by GrayFace »

« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2013, 00:07:01 »
Iggyzor made a notepad document in which there are translations of almost all of the text:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mqzmk4gniiz

Some bits he kind of messed up on (either by making typographical errors or reading wrong) and some bits I messed up on because I don't know why.

"Invalid or Deleted File.
The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance."

Could the translation be re-uploaded? It seems to be an outdated link.

« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2014, 03:19:55 »
Just wanted to post to say what a touching and beautiful game this is. Thank you for making it. At first it was very disorienting, like being lost in a strange land - I felt very apprehensive, but open and curious, exploring it. I found several endings, and these endings, along with some of the translated dialog, started to show me something deeper here. I played through the game again just to get to the main ending (before knowing a main one existed). When I finally got to the ending, what a profound and touching way to end it, that's all I can say. The message you had in the credits, also, brought tears to my eyes - it was such a touching sentiment. This game defies expectations, at least, it did for me. This game is something special, I think, and I'm glad I got to play it. Thank you again.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2015, 23:37:24 »
I tried playing it with the old KS, and it was incompatible. Also, it uses flags, which, 1.04 did not support.

I've got the same problem. I downloaded version 1.0.4 of Knytt Stories from Nifflas' site, and it claims that this level requires a more recent version. In order to make sure something isn't wrong with the version hosted on Mediafire, I redownloaded it from knyttlevels.com, and even from that old level dump torrent, but got the same error each time.

So either something is wrong with my computer or version 1.0.4 isn't compatible with this level. Is anyone else able to play a copy of this level downloaded from one of the three abovementioned sources with the version of KS available at http://nifflas.ni2.se/content/Knytt%20Stories/Knytt%20Stories%20104.exe?

It works fine with version 1.2.1, mind you, but I'd rather play the level the way it was intended.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2015, 11:05:49 »
This level was designed for a version of KS that fell between the 2 versions available on Nifflas' home site. The newest version of KS is 100% backwards compatible with this level as far as I know.

You can look at the Teenhmifnoeafgil's World.ini. Near the top is a line, "Format=1" This indicates the minimum version of KS you need. KS 1.0.4 is only compatible with Format 0 levels.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2015, 18:16:01 »
This level was designed for a version of KS that fell between the 2 versions available on Nifflas' home site. The newest version of KS is 100% backwards compatible with this level as far as I know.

You can look at the Teenhmifnoeafgil's World.ini. Near the top is a line, "Format=1" This indicates the minimum version of KS you need. KS 1.0.4 is only compatible with Format 0 levels.

According to the first post in this topic, certain parts of this level don't work exactly like they were intended in the latest version of KS. Does anyone still have the version it was designed for?

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2015, 23:01:30 »
Oh right, the shifts go faster now. I dug up KS 1.1.0 (3.4 MB) for you. This is just the executable in a zip file. I'd name it "Knytt Stories 110.exe" and place it in my existing Knytt Stories directory. It needs access to the other files.

PS. Your browser will probably complain about the safety of the file, because I'm just some obscure person with his own website.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2015, 00:13:39 »
Oh right, the shifts go faster now. I dug up KS 1.1.0 (3.4 MB) for you. This is just the executable in a zip file. I'd name it "Knytt Stories 110.exe" and place it in my existing Knytt Stories directory. It needs access to the other files.

PS. Your browser will probably complain about the safety of the file, because I'm just some obscure person with his own website.

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a shot later.

Edit: It seems to be working. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:27:34 by kilicool64 »

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2015, 01:12:41 »
I just beat this remarkable level for the first time. Many years ago I played it, didn't translate any of the text, died to the boss, and lost interest. I gotta say... the ending is what makes it all come together.

I did diligently translate all of the speech this time. I now actually wish I had beaten it WITHOUT translating all of the text. I can now appreciate why the author chose to encrypt it.

Spoiler: More thoughts (click to show/hide)

Also, the earlier translation link was broken, so I will offer a transcript of all translations for those who haven't seen it yet, and are too lazy to do so themselves. I will again remind you that I actually think the level is better without the translations.

I'm afraid I have no idea what "mirror Juni" was saying at the end.

WXHT1TU
3ST
TUHI2
MN21NO3NOGH
4FG
LM3FG2q

TU44
MN5CDHI
ST4DE1
3ST
BC1DE
FG4RS
YZ45
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:15:44 by pfrangip »

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2015, 13:52:28 »
This has probably been said before, but about that last text:

Some KS levels by me:

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2015, 22:19:10 »
I tried to play it, because lot of people had it as their favorite...
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
I probably need to replay it again, because for now:

my response to decription:
"I don't know how to describe this."
is:
"I don't know what to think about this."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 22:20:55 by Comhon »