A new wanderer has appeared!

• 8 Replies

Offline AbeX300

• In Odd, We Trust!
    • View Profile
A new wanderer has appeared!
« on: November 18, 2015, 05:52:23 »
Yes, hi! I've unknowingly signed up for this forum 2 years ago, but for the past few months I've been lurking (sometimes going on the NiffChat). This is actually my second post ever; the first was today when I submitted a fix for The Outer Rim (one of the worlds in FiNCK's Third-Party Pack), since I got paranoid that any future players will become stuck at a certain point and refuse to play anymore (just as I almost did before I popped up the Editor for my own curiosity). First Nifflas game I've played was (as you may or may not expect) Within a Deep Forest, after seeing my brother played it, and that was a looong time ago.

Recently, I've created a goal as an appreciation for Nifflas having created such a wonderful platformer, along with his other works I've played like Knytt Stories, and a glimpse at FiNCK and 7 Nanocycles: To fully beat all of his games (not possible for some), and to set a record of some sort in the process like a fast time or a high score! (May or may not also have been inspired by NESMania) The one exception is Affordable Space Adventures; I don't got a Wii-U, sadly. So far, I've finished all of Knytt Stories and almost all of FiNCK (including the extra worlds on both games). That would've been entirely done had I not found out recently...

I decided to pop in and say hello to everyone, just because I think I've lurked a bit too much, and the forum could do with some more life!  :bebisharen:

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: A new wanderer has appeared!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 17:02:34 »
Nifflas does love his secrets. Welcome to the forum AbeX300.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 17:18:26 »
Yeah, not much activity these days.

Out of curiosity, by 'all of Knytt Stories' what do you mean exactly? Just The Machine, the official expansion, or more? Oh, and good luck with your goal!
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline AbeX300

• In Odd, We Trust!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 17:54:34 »
Yeah, not much activity these days.

Out of curiosity, by 'all of Knytt Stories' what do you mean exactly? Just The Machine, the official expansion, or more? Oh, and good luck with your goal!

The Machine and the official expansions! (Strange Dream, Gustav's Daughter, etc.)

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 03:06:28 »
Hello!

Am I right in thinking that you are an Oddworld fan?

Offline AbeX300

• In Odd, We Trust!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 04:31:22 »
Hello!

Am I right in thinking that you are an Oddworld fan?

That you are! Sad that I can only properly run Stranger's Wraith on my PC (AO, AE, and MO just crash, and New 'n Tasty is just unstable for me)

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 20:41:16 »
Hi! Welcome. Don't be afraid and post everything you want to post here C).
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 00:24:56 »
The first story I wrote was Oddworld fanfiction; I was a fan for a long time, though I only played Oddysee and Exoddus; my interest had waned a bit by the time the others came out on steam. Still, if not for Oddworld I may not have ever got into writing or games and wouldn't have ended up designing KS levels. Great games. :)

Offline SC

• Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*
    • View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 08:25:58 »
YEESH! Sorry for the slight necro (and the lack of posts from me on the forum overall recently; kinda lost interest in making KS stuff/levels recently but DON'T WORRY I'm still interested in the game), but I'd just like to say WELCOME to the forum! I'm so glad that we're getting somewhat of a "comeback" (if you can even call it that) of sorts with new and returning folk around! We're glad you're here, and I hope that you'll be able to contribute to many a discussion here on these here Nifforums! 8D