EPIC KS Level Competition, Mark II - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

• 84 Replies

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Re: EPIC KS Level Competition, Mark II - DEADLINE CHANGED
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2017, 19:12:12 »
Welcome to the forums, SavourySnack! Hope to see your level finished and posted in the KS releases forum someday :D

I too would like to encourage/bug/nag others (who haven't already submitted a level nor are still planning on doing so) to make a small contribution to the collaboration project proposed by Sergio. Regardless of whether the level is finished before the deadline or not, I think it's a neat idea that can result in a fun level with many different areas. More KS levels = joy for everyone! Except maybe for the Grinch, who is well-known for hating joy and fun.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2017, 21:04:18 »

Good luck, SavourySnack!

Offline SC

• Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*
    • View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2017, 05:48:17 »
Hello everyone!

This is the first post I've made on the forum, but I've been a fan of Nifflas's games for a long time now. Despite that, I only recently actually gave Knytt Stories a go, and boy was I missing out on a lot of damn fine gaming content right there. I've been binge-playing it for the past month but somehow I completely missed that this thread existed. I've given it my best shot to try and finish a level in time, but though I'm near the 300-screen requirement, the level I'm making still isn't finished. It's probably gonna end up being twice that amount. But I've honestly found the levels people have uploaded to be inspiring and awesome in ways I didn't even expect, so I'd like to participate in this challenge and give something back if I can.

So, Sergio, I'll do my best to get something done for that awesome collaboration idea! I look forward to seeing how everything unfolds and of course, to playing all the awesome levels that have already been submitted :-)
Thank you so much for signing up to the forum, Snack! I've known of KS since about 2011 or so, and it isn't too late to start getting into the community! I hope you find your place here and make many great levels for years to come! :D

Also, I might make a level but Iiiiiii dunno if I would finish it. Also I don't really have a whole lot of self-confidence because I've never finished a level before. Oops.

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2017, 05:49:20 »
Still looking at this thread, seems like a lot of you could use more time.

I pose it to the current entrants if they want to give challengers more time to get their entries in. I will extend again if all three agree to do so.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline SC

• Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*
    • View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2017, 05:51:01 »

I pose it to the current entrants if they want to give challengers more time to get their entries in. I will extend again if all three agree to do so.

I might suggest extending it 'til the end of the year, but that might be a bit much. What do you think, Fooby?

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2017, 05:58:26 »
I might suggest extending it 'til the end of the year, but that might be a bit much. What do you think, Fooby?

Might do. I am now waiting on the say of our current entrants.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

Love anything

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2017, 07:31:34 »
So, Sergio, I'll do my best to get something done for that awesome collaboration idea!
Yay!

Also, I might make a level but Iiiiiii dunno if I would finish it. Also I don't really have a whole lot of self-confidence because I've never finished a level before. Oops.
Why not try and make a small portion of a level for the collaboration? Or was that what you were referring to anyway? Setting out to make a 300-screen solo venture in a week is probably impossibly ambitious, after all.

True, but then we'll have to find some other way to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Knytt Stories, right?

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2017, 07:39:20 »
True, but then we'll have to find some other way to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Knytt Stories, right?

Eh, all I really intended to do to celebrate was to binge Knytt Stories levels all day. :P

Love anything

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2017, 10:42:52 »
Oh snap, I really liked the idea of the deadline being the KS anniversary day. I guess if anyone needs more time and vowes to commit it to build the level... Then ok.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2017, 05:40:07 »
Well, I've already told Fubbles my feelings but I'll say so here too. I don't have a problem with extending the deadline so there are more entrants.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2017, 10:58:46 »
Alright friends, I've received confirmation from all the current entrants to extend the deadline.

The new and FINAL deadline is December 21st, 2017, at 11:59:59 UTC.

I will not be pushing it back again, so get your levels done!

Love anything

Offline SilasMann

• A Real Horse
    • View Profile
Re: EPIC KS Level Competition, Mark II - DEADLINE CHANGED AGAIN AAAGH!!!
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2017, 03:52:35 »
And to think back in April I thought I had no time to start a level... With 4 months to go, I might be a (REALLY) late entrant!  8D

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2017, 22:37:29 »
Hi,

I'd like to participate as well, though that will be a subject to a penalty, I guess. Who kidnaps the Knytts

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2017, 04:47:30 »
Hi,

I'd like to participate as well, though that will be a subject to a penalty, I guess. Who kidnaps the Knytts

Alright. I will add you. Though, if you get the urge, you should try to submit a new level in its place before the deadline.

Love anything

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2017, 05:03:31 »
Just so you all know, I have updated the scoring policy with some new caveats. Competitors should re-check that part of the original post to see what has changed.

To sum up the changes, a base score has been added for all submissions, the re-scoring policy has been changed, and the voting multipliers are now more potent.

Love anything