Help with Toasty Fields

• 5 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Help with Toasty Fields
« on: August 11, 2015, 20:51:09 »
Currently I'm using a Community Tileset in one of my levels, specifically Toasty Fields. However, I'm having issues using the tree house in it. No matter what I do, I can't get the bottom to match up with the top leaves. Here are two different attempts; neither of them look right. Can anybody lend me a hand here?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 20:52:55 by Healy »

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: Help with Toasty Fields
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 21:24:01 »
Admittedly, the trees on this set are kind of confusing to deal with, but they are kind of meant to be borrowed from each-other, if that makes sense.

Here's what I came up with, and it seems to mesh properly.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 21:49:02 »
I gave it a go, too, though the level I used it in is currently not being worked on until after 'Dragon Myth'. It's a gorgeous set once you get your head around it.

During development, Salmoneous posted...

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 21:50:51 by Talps »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 23:20:34 »
As far as I can tell Fubaka put it together correctly, but it looks like it lines up badly. The set got rearranged several times, so I thought something might have been misaligned, but there's no way I can see to adjust the placement of the tiles. Unfortunately, I don't have any older versions of the tileset or screenshots of test screens. At any rate, you can edit the set yourself to make it work better.

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 23:32:46 »
As far as I can tell Fubaka put it together correctly, but it looks like it lines up badly. The set got rearranged several times, so I thought something might have been misaligned, but there's no way I can see to adjust the placement of the tiles. Unfortunately, I don't have any older versions of the tileset or screenshots of test screens. At any rate, you can edit the set yourself to make it work better.

Honestly I don't think it's misaligned. I just think that house always looked a bit awkward.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 05:02:43 »
Thanks, Fubaka! I think I might have tried that combination before, but it looked a bit wonky then, as Egomassive said. Still, it looks okay enough.