Survival Horror [medium/easy/puzzle/KS+]

• 16 Replies

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
Re: Survival Horror [medium/easy/puzzle/KS+]
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 23:29:54 »
Seeing this for the first time now, pretty cool. I'm glad that my level inspired you to come back to it. It sucks that the nature of Knytt Stories makes this happen so commonly, we get a creative urge at first with lots of progress, and then suddenly everything slows to a stop. Still, in your case it seems like it will eventually be finished, so we're lucky here.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Re: Survival Horror [medium/easy/puzzle/KS+]
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 14:30:11 »
It would have been cool to play a short preview level, but I agree, this is for the best. It'd be really hard to produce a demo that fully represents the final product without spoiling it, unless we used exclusive assets and dialogues just for the demo... but that'd be a lot of work that would be better spent on the full game. Also, I think the "quality over speed" approach is definitely the way to go with this (that said, I'm really impressed with the detail and quality of the stuff you made in only a few days at the start of this project... it'd take me weeks to draw just one of these backgrounds from scratch!)

Let me know when you want to resume work on this, ego. I'll be glad to contribute again :)
Some KS levels by me: