All KS Custom Content Archive

• 6 Replies

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
All KS Custom Content Archive
« on: September 02, 2015, 16:37:36 »
Hi all, I am back!

In the forums there is a lot of custom content, that is just lost. When I browsed the KS custom level content, I found out, there are many topics, in which the image links are dead, because the original files were deleted from the image sharing archives... I know it is possible to ask the author to re-upload it, but not in all cases.

This must be stopped, or we at least have to prevent the loss of the content. I decided to create an archive with all the graphics, that are still present. I know there was something like Gaeels' site (but that time I was not here on forums) and currently that site is down...

My plan is to enable a fulltext search within the tilesets using keywords (tags) in a most easiest way. (There are many topics looking for a tileset with specific theme). I know there are many ways how to do it, but I think the simpliest way will be best, to iclude keywords in the filename. This should be easily transferable. The archive is not so big (currently about 30MB), so it is possible to download it whole and search within it just using file explorer.

Browse the archive directly on Dropbox
Download the archive: from Dropbox

Missing content? Upload to Dropbox, and I will include it in archive: HERE

I hope uploading there was not against any rules. If so, please notify me.

Please give it a try, if is this project leading somewhere.
I could not find many tilesets, due to broken links on forums. I can later post here link to these topics. Maybe they can be reuploaded? Or if there is somebody with another archive, we can merge it. I probably will need somebody to help me with this project, so if you are really interested, please PM me. There are lots of things to do, most importantly to find the best way to store the archive.

Spoiler: "Changelog" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 18:20:17 by Comhon »

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
Re: All KS Custom Content Archive
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 11:36:10 »
Now you can upload the missing content to my Dropbox HERE , and I will include it in the archive.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:38:15 by Comhon »

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 14:47:27 »
I've uploaded a Zip of all of my finished tilesets to you.
Where is fancy bread? In the heart or in the head?

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 15:56:56 »
I tried using the upload feature, but I didn't want to give it an e-mail address. Anyway, Endless Winter has several tilesets and COs you're missing. Check out The Dying Core, and also this link: Mertynn
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 16:02:39 by egomassive »

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 19:42:08 »
I tried using the upload feature, but I didn't want to give it an e-mail address.
I am sorry about that, I did not know it needs email. I'll find another way to receive uploads.

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 20:09:49 »
I like the idea. I checked and it seems you have pretty much everything I've released (nice job!). That said there might be a few gradients here or there, but after looking at my stuff again it makes me consider putting out stuff that's better quality. If I ever do, I'll post them and upload it to you.

Thanks for your effort. :)

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 20:50:38 »
Thanks. It's a shame I did not came with this idea before, some of tilesets can be lost.
At least it is possible to export them from created levels from level archive, but we won't know if they can be used in other levels.

Do you think it is a good idea to continue spend a lot of time tagging the graphics? Or it is enough to use just name of tileset?
Shall I continue with it this way, or change the structure?
<type>_[<name>]_<author>_(<tags>)
I just don't know how to deal with tilesets and gradients (and preview screens) that belong to each other.