Stuck on screen (28,2)

• 3 Replies
Stuck on screen (28,2)
« on: February 12, 2016, 14:26:47 »
How do I get rid of the robot at the top of the screen?

Whatever I try I can't get up there quick enough to fire the white orb at it. Driving me nuts!

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Stuck on screen (28,2)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 19:18:00 »
Remember, you can queue up powers. Jump down as ball, collect the green sphere and bounce to the right. Collect the white powerup, then activate the green one, fly back, then fire with the white. (something along those lines)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 22:17:33 »
I did something similar: Grab green as ball, bounce as high as possible then go right and switch to Mi / activate green before you fall.  Grab white and get back to the upper left wall just in time.

Didn't know about queuing powers.  I'll have to bear that in mind :)

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 18:16:38 »

I'm assuming you start the level at the lower left, next to the green power-up?

You can only "queue up" one power at a time – meaning, that you can grab a power while you are using a power.   But that's your limit.

So, the very first thing I do whenever I'm at a puzzle that starts with a green power-up like this is  make a point to get 2 uses out of it.

Here is what I think I would do on this level:

1. Hop up through the green, so that I'm ready to use it.  (I'll start glowing green, but I won't activate it yet.)

2.  Move a little to the left of the green, while I wait for it to restore its power. (It will restore its power before I lose  my green glow.)

3.  Once the green power-up is restored, I'd jump up and activate green in the air, then fly to the right passing through the new green. (Now I have the green I'm using, plus one more in my back pocket.)

4?  I think I'd try to fly straight across to the right and grab that lip that extends under the white power-up,  then climb so that  i'm standing directly below the white, and I'm still holding one unactivated green.

5.  I'd then activate the second green and fly through the white on my way to the upper part of the left wall.

If this method didn't work, I'd have to consider a version where I change to the ball at some point, maybe on the upper right wall.  But the first thing I would try would be to do it all with power ups – get a second green while I'm using the first one, and get the white while I'm using the second green.