Cat custom objects?

• 11 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Cat custom objects?
« on: August 02, 2015, 22:37:49 »
Does anybody have any edits of the cat objects (Obj 42 and 43 in Bank 3)? I'm mostly just looking for simple palette swaps and the like; heck, even a cat that just faces right would be nice. I would prefer fully animated custom objects, but just a static sprite will do, too.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: Cat custom objects?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 00:37:37 »
This isn't ideal, but there's a cat custom character here that's facing right. You could probably use just the top row of images for an object, though having not tried it I don't know for sure if it would work. I'm sure someone (probably egomassive) will post a spritesheet straight out of the game soon enough, after which point I could do some simple edits based on more specific requests.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 00:51:40 »
I made a quick attempt at a simple cat animation:

If you want to use it, you can get the CO files here. You can just shift the color tone or apply an horizontal gradient to the entire .png strip to produce a customized version. I included a white/pink cat object I generated as an example.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 01:12:21 »
Egomassive's KS+ sample level Customnibus comes with a few recoloured cats, although they use the jumping animation from my Cat Character rather than the original animation. Also, Here's a spritesheet containing a left-facing version of all the original cat animations, taken almost straight from the KSDS external spritesheets. It probably works better if you use KS+ Object Override feature on Bank 3, Object 42.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 01:20:04 by Firecat »
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 01:37:57 »
Egomassive's KS+ sample level Customnibus comes with a few recoloured cats, although they use the jumping animation from my Cat Character rather than the original animation.
For the sake of convenience:

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 02:29:15 »
Wow, that was quick! Thanks, guys! I think I'll be good for a while, but if I need anymore help I'll come back to you guys.

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 03:04:07 »
Everywhere I look, it's cats cats cats!  :mus:
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 18:18:24 »
This is by Comhon and for public use. If I'm remembering correctly, it rolls back and forth.
Code: [Select]
[Custom Object #]
Image=BrownCat.png
Tile Width=48
Tile Height=24
Init AnimTo=69
Init AnimSpeed=100

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 04:19:04 »
Alright, I've got another request: I need a cat custom object that wears an aviator scarf and/or goggles. I know that's probably a bit much to put on the tiny cat sprite, so anything that makes it look like a dashing pilot hero would be fine as well.

Egomassive: Thanks for posting the rolling cat! It looks adorable in-game.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 07:05:51 »
Hastily made, but I think it turned out well. Feel free to edit it. Raise or lower the speed for wind strength.
Code: [Select]
[Custom Object 16]
Image=CaptCat.png
Init AnimTo=7
Init AnimSpeed=350

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 01:42:48 »
Thanks, Ego! I didn't like the way the sunglasses obscured the eyes, so I edited it a bit. What do you think? Personally I feel like it looks more like a superhero now...

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 09:18:59 »
Looks good to me. How's the level coming along? Since I was working with the cats here I went ahead and pulled the graphics from the KS source for people to use as templates. Here's the kitten. Since no one has posted any kittens yet it may help. This is not meant to be used as a CO as it is. It's just all 3 of it's animations in one sprite sheet. The breakdown is:
Frames 0-2 blinks
Frames 3-10 moves tail
Frames 11-14 moves ears