• 19 Replies

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
[Misc] Kill Kitler!
« on: February 28, 2009, 10:09:22 »
Yeah this isn't totally dead. (I'm not actively working on it, but every week or so I do a little bit.)

...anyway, to briefly summarize the post on the old forum, this level is about a time in the far future when Hitler is reincarnated as a cat. He proceeds to build a cat army and conquer the galaxy. Then, he methodically persecutes the Space Hobos, the only major group of people he has not been able to totally subjugate. Juni is a Space Hobo sent to assassinate Kitler, and thus save the galaxy.

I'm not sure what sort of level it's going to be. It started out, a year ago, as a challenge/puzzle thing, then it became a sort of environmental level, and now I just don't know. (This is, of course, because, as with most of my levels, I started with no coherent plans for the level; just a pile of loosely related concepts.)

Two screens are attached. The first shows Juni being briefed on her mission by the chief of her Space Hobo clan. The second shows a portion of the Katzi base's conveniently roomy and extensive ventilation system. (The fans move in-game.)
good bye

Re: [Misc] Kill Kitler!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 19:39:25 »
Oooh. Looks nice. Are the fans COs?
Lurk more.

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 20:51:08 »
Yay, it's not dead! :D
grao!

Offline Teper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 21:18:51 »
I like the screens. I don't think I've ever seen these tilesets. Are they selfmade?

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 04:06:33 »
Oooh. Looks nice. Are the fans COs?

Yes.

I like the screens. I don't think I've ever seen these tilesets. Are they selfmade?

All the tilesets in-game are going to be self-made. :D
good bye

Offline WCreed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 07:10:32 »
Heil Kitler. :katt:

Offline Saturneo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 19:27:01 »
You can call me if you want the level to be beta-tested . I'd love to play it, this aventure looks fun  :)
I'm back !

4a

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 20:10:09 »
I think the fans should have shifts above/in front of them that cause you to move one tile in the opposite direction for fan-blowing-effect! :O

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 20:54:15 »
I think the fans should have shifts above/in front of them that cause you to move one tile in the opposite direction for fan-blowing-effect! :O

I thought of doing this, but I found I couldn't make it work to my satisfaction. It looks really jerky. If quantization is off, and it's set to move Juni up one tile, it's still possible to fall through. If quantization is on, and it's set to move Juni up one tile, then it's not possible to fall through, but it is possible to get caught in a loop. I know I could set it to move Juni two tiles, but that looks even jerkier.

So, I decided to skip it. 9_9
good bye

4a

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 20:59:50 »

I thought of doing this, but I found I couldn't make it work to my satisfaction. It looks really jerky. If quantization is off, and it's set to move Juni up one tile, it's still possible to fall through. If quantization is on, and it's set to move Juni up one tile, then it's not possible to fall through, but it is possible to get caught in a loop. I know I could set it to move Juni two tiles, but that looks even jerkier.

So, I decided to skip it. 9_9

...oh, but, the idea is you can still fall through it's just a little slower to do so (I think even with a kind-of-powerful fan pushing against a person, they'll still fall into it)... if you don't like the way that works it doesn't matter though.

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 01:33:21 »
If quantization is on, and it's set to move Juni up one tile, then it's not possible to fall through, but it is possible to get caught in a loop.
Actually it is possible to fall through any line of shifts.
Lurk more.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 05:36:37 »

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 09:54:05 »
nice tilesets...

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 07:44:50 »
This project is not dead. Here's a new screeny and an image from the intro cutscene.

good bye