[Game] Adventures of FrikiBoy

• 0 Replies

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
[Game] Adventures of FrikiBoy
« on: July 17, 2015, 13:18:26 »
During the long time I was away from the forums, I've been trying my hand at videogame development (I formed a very small team with a few close friends). We still haven't made any big and/or commercial release, but we have completed many small projects that are available for free. This is one of them:

"Adventures of FrikiBoy" is a top-down action/adventure game for Windows inspired by the original Zelda for NES, featuring a simple and quirky story. You play the role of a nerdy hero with a big appetite for sweets, in his quest to recover a stolen legendary pastry called "The Coconut Delight". In order to do so, you must explore a dungeon full of enemies, traps and secrets while collecting as many sweet treasures (cupcakes, donuts, etc) as you can.

In this project, I did all the game design, the programming and most of the graphics (except for the cutscene illustrations and a few sprites).

Check our Itch.io page to watch a short video and download the game for free (or any price you want to set, if you're feeling generous for some reason :P2 ):

http://eb-creativos.itch.io/adventures-of-frikiboy

Hope you guys enjoy it!
Some KS levels by me: