[Challenge][Medium][Hard] Juni in the Haunted House

• 4 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
[Challenge][Medium][Hard] Juni in the Haunted House
« on: August 13, 2015, 23:10:03 »
Juni in the Haunted House was a level I started back in 2010. I decided to finish it for Knytt of the Month Klub #9, but went two days into overtime.

Anyway, in it, you explore a haunted house to find secrets (mostly keys and the like). It's a sort of experimental level, and I'm not quite sure if it works. Has 4 endings and a bonus room. Please let me know of any bugs; it's a pretty complicated level and I didn't test it as thoroughly as I could have.

Level Link at Glorious Trainwrecks
Level Link at Knytt Levels
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 19:33:22 by Healy »

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: [Challenge][Medium][Hard] Juni in the Haunted House
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 23:55:33 »
Nice! I like the multiple endings, though I wasn't too fond of having to grab the keys over and over again.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 02:37:55 »
Well, I've gotten two endings, so not enough to comment, but it's enjoyable. Has the legendary Healy Interiors we've come to know and love, and has some interesting uses of tilesets I haven't seen.

So far it is a little tedious having to get a different combination of keys each time, but I'll reserve judgement until I finish it all.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 11:00:22 »
I thought the formula made for some good replay. The challenges were decent, not too hard, not too easy, always fair.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 03:31:19 »
So far it is a little tedious having to get a different combination of keys each time, but I'll reserve judgement until I finish it all.

I felt the same way. But finishing it all up is pretty nice. I like the concept of the level.