[Challenge/Epic] Juni's Umbrella

• 8 Replies

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
[Challenge/Epic] Juni's Umbrella
« on: June 21, 2015, 14:30:51 »
The muse has hit me again and this weekend I've spent a good deal of time on a level I'm calling Juni's Umbrella.

This should be far more mainstream than my first level and appeal to most players. It's more familiar and uses a lot of established KS concepts, but I've definitely switched up the formula significantly in one or two regards.

And yes, that pair of explody-things is what is doing the talking in my second screencapture. I decided I needed a villain, and it was going to be one explody-thing that followed you around, but then I saw that a pair of them look eerily similar to eyes (especially when animated) and so I went with that.

No idea when it will be done, but here's hoping by the end of the summer!  :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 14:32:59 by pfrangip »

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge/Epic] Juni's Umbrella
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 15:17:57 »
I wonder what form the muse of Knytt Stories would take...

I shall look forward to seeing this done. Under three months to make an epic level would be pretty, well, epic!

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 20:50:47 »
Uhm...Juni, maybe? Probably.

I'm looking forward to play this level. It looks very interesting. Personally, I don't like these explode things, but I must admit they are suitable for your level :).     
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 03:47:58 »

I always picture this little fairy:

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 03:18:59 »
Any news on this? How much progress have you made?

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 16:14:41 »
FYI, I am hard at work on this in preparation for Fubaka's Epic Level Competition!

Here is another purposefully vague screenshot...

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 03:33:06 »
I wish there was some more info about what the level's about or screenshots or something about this level. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it!

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 18:58:15 »
I wish there was some more info about what the level's about or screenshots or something about this level. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks for the interest!

Monsters attack. Juni fights back. It turns out that Ummon, who looks like a pair of explody things, is coordinating it. His brother, Siris, represented by another pair of different explody things, is trying to help Juni stop him.

Along the way, Juni will discover why Ummon attacks the Knytts, who the shadow people are, why there's a secret laboratory, and what the abstract black-and-white realms are.

Additionally, my main goal here is to have many paths to success. There are to be at least several paths to really "win," but unlike other levels, players still be able to explore everything if they choose to. For instance, every power-up will be obtainable in at least two places.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 09:12:46 »
Sadly, it's been well over a year. Any news on this?