Could you do me a favour?

• 411 Replies

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
Re: Could you do me a favour?
« Reply #285 on: November 21, 2020, 21:11:47 »
Under any other circumstances, you know, I'd love to, but I was actually the one who put it in the river to begin with, and I think the ocean gods would be angry if I recalled my ritual sacrifice of your car.

Would you be so kind as to ask someone to do a favor for you?

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #286 on: November 22, 2020, 12:21:03 »
I could, but you're already doing that and I'm too much of a hipster to just go doing the same stuff as other people, maaan 8)

By the way... would you mind helping me dive in this other, totally unrelated river so I can scavenge for any valuables inside this car that just so happens to be currently submerged there?
Some KS levels by me:

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #287 on: November 22, 2020, 21:52:11 »
I totally would, but I already knew that, so I already dived and got all the valuables out, so I already know its a waste of time, and I hate to leave even more evidence behind of me robbing that treasure. I mean... I can't I have a dentist appointment right now.

Could you do me a favor and freeze this specific river for me? I need to make sure no one goes near a possible car that I don't know of that is in this river.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 23, 2020, 02:14:40 »
I'd love to, but I need to get my car out, first.

Look, I would really, really appreciate it if you could dive down to my car and make sure all the loot I stashed in the back seat is still there.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2020, 23:10:52 »
I would, but first I need to hide all my loot in my own vehicle and then find another river to sink it in. Preferably one not frequented by pesky diving thieves.

Can you help me mod my car into a van so I have more space to fit all these vast riches in?
Some KS levels by me:

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #290 on: November 27, 2020, 14:25:53 »
No, that's not a good idea... I'm pretty sure if I start modifying your car, it won't be road-legal afterwards anymore.

Could you do me a favor and gift Vegetal Gibber a truck with trailer?

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #291 on: December 06, 2020, 01:42:37 »
Nope, sorry, he's not getting anything from me. I hate that guy! Moreover, I heard he plans to sink the truck in a river... so wasteful.

I would appreciate it if you didn't reply to this message. Coming up with new favors to ask is hard!
Some KS levels by me:

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #292 on: December 06, 2020, 14:39:50 »
Oh, that would be too easy, now wouldn't it?

It would be very helpful if you could write a book... doesn't have to be a big book though, just 1483 pages on A4 format with every page filled to the brim, and put "Could you do me a favour" lines in there sorted alphabetically so Vegetal Gibber can pick from that list.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 06, 2020, 16:32:58 »
Erm... I would love to, but I'm... banned from writing things. Including this. I was named after I accidentally error something bad about our secret insect overlords.

I would really owe you if you could turn off the light in my kitchen. Someone left it on and I don't want to stand up because I'm warm.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #294 on: December 08, 2020, 20:51:53 »
Normally I'd be happy to, but I'm reluctant since that may actually be our last line of defense against the insect overlords... They might begin to crawl out from below the fridge as soon as we turn off the lights :S

Could you do me a favor and grow some fresh fruit for me? Supermarket fruit sucks big time :sick:
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 09, 2020, 02:21:20 »
I'd like to, but I'm all out of cheap mass-produced seeds...

Would you be so polite as to start a company that mass-produces cheap seeds?

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 09, 2020, 13:12:16 »
I'd love to, but I had to gladly and willingly offer up all my seed stock to our gracious and benevolent insect overlords.

Do me a favour and show the proper reverence to our gracious and benevolent insect overlords, as betting so kind and patient and gentle a matter race.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #297 on: December 09, 2020, 14:13:08 »
I'd do anything for you if you ask something reasonable, but insects? come on...

Could you do me a favor and convince a certain girl that I'm the right guy for her?

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 09, 2020, 15:11:06 »
Hm. I'm not sure I should do that - consumers deserve to choose for themselves the car repairman they think would be best for them rather than go on someone else's advice. That's what "the right guy" means, right? Of course. Phew!

Could you perhaps develop some robot which does anything I would do in a given situation (except the dumb stuff, of course) so I can go get more sleep?

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 09, 2020, 21:03:41 »
Well dude, I tried. Unfortunately we had a few teething problems in development...

Um, I'd really appreciate it you could help me deal with a very minor and inconsequential uprising of self-replicating ncrecc-androids that I, um, just happened to stumble across and am in no way responsible for?