[Drill & Bass/Experimental/Ambient Breaks] New music by me

• 3 Replies

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
Here I present three recent tracks from three of my four musical pseudonyms.

[Drill & Bass] Dragon MC - Mixified: Some of you will have heard this one already; I posted it in the thread for my DnB album as well.
[Experimental] Traskan -  : Meh experimental stuff. Quarter-tempo beats ftw.
[Ambient Breaks] Kasran - Resting Place for the Lost Soul: My latest creation. Also, the longest title I've ever put on a track.
grao!

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: [Drill & Bass/Experimental/Ambient Breaks] New music by me
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 03:14:39 »
They sound depressing ;_;

But it sounds good :O

Offline Aptequar

• Energy is Eternal Delight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 11:38:37 »
The first is good, but a bit too repetitive. Most of the top drum and bass artists 'evolve' their sound throughout the track, with the beats getting more complex or whatnot.

The second is a bit odd. The slowed-down break has been quantised so much it sounds really low quality, and doesn't really fit with the rest of the instruments. I like the clean passage with the xylophone-esque synth though.

The third is the best of the lot. The eastern-sounding melody works well. However, Try taking the reverb off those drums and compress them, it'll give a tighter, punchier sound that I think will still fit.

Overall I like them all and you can hear clear progression, which is good. シ
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 19:42:41 by Aptequar »
Troi'r wythnos yn flwyddyn, troi'r flwyddyn yn dair.
love, light and hope The People We Never Met
and it's equilibrium The Elevator Beneath The Valve

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 00:18:48 »
The first is good, but a bit too repetitive. Most of the top drum and bass artists 'evolve' their sound throughout the track, with the beats getting more complex or whatnot.

The second is a bit odd. The slowed-down break has been quantised so much it sounds really low quality, and doesn't really fit with the rest of the instruments. I like the clean passage with the xylophone-esque synth though.

The third is the best of the lot. The eastern-sounding melody works well. However, Try taking the reverb off those drums and compress them, it'll give a tighter, punchier sound that I think will still fit.

Overall I like them all and you can hear clear progression, which is good. シ
Thanks a lot! I'll keep all that in mind.
grao!